Vogue Australia April 2018 by Patrick Demarchelier

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Fernanda Ly, Akiima, Charlee Fraser & Andreja Pejic:

Absolutely love the cast but the photography looks subpar. Andreja looks like she was edited in.

I love the cover because they are wearing Celine but I find that cast so strange...
So weird to see Fernanda and even if i’m happy to see her, equally weird to see Andreja.

But I love the diversity.
I want to know how many covers and eds Demarchelier and Testino have shot because at this point, It’s really uncomfortable to read their name each in a new Vogue thread

They have absolutely no chemistry between them, whatsoever.
And I have no interest in this.

This is good enough for one of the TopModel show challenges...

This wouldn't be the first cover that treats the demand for diversity as a tickbox exercise.

What a horrible cover, that background, their expressions........were they even shot at the same time?!!

What a let down, they make more effort with their celeb covers, sigh!

This wouldn't be the first cover that treats the demand for diversity as a tickbox exercise.

Agree, it still screams of backward mindedness went it's cherry picked so carefully like this.

Maybe just feature diverse models (the beautiful ones that exist in droves of every background) more often so you don't have to do these pedestrian and lazy shoots like this.

The man is literally the most unimaginative when it comes to group covers, God! I'd take the Meisel approach with the ladder a hundred times over. How many times have we seen this setup on Vogue China?

Charlee and Fernanda should've gotten their own covers. I like that the Céline dress on Fernanda was shot without the weird fringe.

I didn't know Vogue Australia cared about diversity at all so it's a bit of a surprise to me, and it just rings hollow. Two latinas since 2012 until now (Gomez and Alba) are hardly an achievement.

I’m disappointed in the model choice. There are so many more deserving “diverse” Australian models. Adut Akech, Shanina Shaik, Kelly Gale, Jessica Gomez & Duckie Thot are just a few I can name.

^ Isn't Kelly Gale from Sweden though?

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Isn't Kelly Gale from Sweden though?

She’s Swedish & Australian. She recently did an on flight runway show for a major Australian airlines, so I’d assume she’s known there.

"The Faces Uniting Australian Fashion"

OK sure but in what way?

Feels insincere, Andreja on the cover was something Kirstie Clements wanted to do before she was fired - and that was six years ago! It's like they had to wait all that time just to find a group diversity cover to slot her in. Ditto Fernanda, who should have had a solo cover years ago too. And where's Miss Duckie Thot? She's absolutely of the moment. Why don't they ever put models on the cover when it would actually boost their careers, if they put Duckie or Aleyna Fitzgerald on the cover it would be huge in terms of taking their career to the next level, using these mostly established models lessens the impact.

I want to know how many covers and eds Demarchelier and Testino have shot because at this point, It’s really uncomfortable to read their name each in a new Vogue thread
We are at a stage now that the accusations are ignored? Sad. The next stage will be for the others to come back.

The cover itself, it's just there. A lot of group shots don't work well.

I thought Demarchelier was persona non grata at Conde'Nast? :ninja:
For me, this cover represents everything wrong in the industry today.
Uninspired!
The models are pretty enough, but there's no spark, no life. The photo is like thousands of other pics; the trend of models just standing and blankly staring into the camera lens. Whether a studio shoot or location, it's always the same.
And I don't blame the models. With proper direction the results would be much different.
The editors, photographers, designers, stylist are just so rank and lazy today.

So Demarchelier went from telling young girls to let him lick their p***y to still getting Vogue covers? Wtf.

How much ahead are they shooting the covers? How long can this possibly go on?

If I were Ajak Deng I would be seriously annoyed by this lol

On another note this is so bland and one note; no chemistry at all..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozilya
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->