Vogue Australia April 2019 : Natalie Portman by Emma Summerton

love the image, hate the typography fonts

What she's wearing is very nice, more in line with autumn. But the pastel is entirely out of place. Maybe a rich red would be perfect to break the darkness of this shot.

why they always use same ugly font?? is it their trademark?

Natalie is gorgeous, as always, but this cover just reinforces how disappointing the recent Dior collection was to me. No part of anything she's wearing looks luxe or remotely appealing at all. It's such a do dang diddly mess. The 'gold tone' look all the jewellery has just looks tacky, tarnished and cheap here (and really doesn't look any better in person).:judge: I'm not even sure my anger is rational anymore, but this Dior collection has really got me miffed.

She's using the headband I use to wash my face at night, no no no to the styling, great pose though. Very Audrey Hepburn.

This is the sort of cover that makes me think, "OK, I can get past it... but how many days until the next issue comes out?"

My thoughts exactly! The cover is okay but yet again, I think that this is just another boring Vogue Australia cover a.k.a pretty forgettable. :neutral:
Fingers crossed that the next issue will be a little more exciting and fresh!

Stage Whispers

Photographer: Emma Summerton
Stylist: Jillian Davison
Hair: Sophie Roberts
Makeup: Linda Jefferyes
Cast: Natalie Portman

[URL=http://imgbox.com/FeE7n2nq]
vhYmML7e_t.jpg
[/URL]

Vogue Australia Digital Edition

Up & Away

Photographer: Hans Neumann
Stylist: Melissa Levy
Hair: Benjamin Muller
Makeup: Stoj
Cast: Lindsey Wixson

Horse Power

Photographer: Justin Ridley
Stylist: Philippa Moroney
Hair & Makeup: Nadine Monley
Cast: Nya Leth, Winx (the horse)

Karl Lagerfeld Tribute:

Magical Mystery Tour

Photographer: Derek Henderson
Stylist: Jillian Davison
Hair: Pete Lennon
Makeup: Kelly Stratton
Cast: Marlon Williams, Mali Koopman

For Vogue Australia's Lagerfeld tribute. Edwina enlisted Kirstie Clements to give her version around the planning of the famous special edition which Karl edited in 2003. As she had a much closer relationship with Karl due to her long tenure, naturally.
I think it speaks volumes not only about Edwina's character, but also her journalistic integrity. She cast all of the messiness between Kirstie and CN aside in order for Vogue Australia to present a unique and personal tribute. Kudos to that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->