Vogue Australia August 2019 : Elle Macpherson & Sons by Nicole Bentley

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by vogue28, Jul 13, 2019.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG]

VOGUE.COM.AU

2. 333101

333101 Well-Known Member

Soooo...does her oldest want to model or something? Can't see any other reason for this cover

Benn98 likes this.
  3. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

Uhm, when did Vogue turn into some other magazine that does this (I want to say VF?)

4. Melancholybaby

Melancholybaby Well-Known Member

More like Hello! :angel:

5. TommysBaby

TommysBaby Active Member

That font looks so amateur

333101 likes this.
  6. caioherrero

caioherrero Active Member

Everything is so bad

7. jorgepalomo

jorgepalomo Well-Known Member

The older one is so handsome :crush::crush:

KissMiss likes this.
  8. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Lmao! Well you're spot on.
    Can't like this cover at all. It's beyond pedestrian and the styling looks awful. Not interested in reading about Elle.

And I agree with @333101 ...can bet that one of the boys wants to go into modelling.

Melancholybaby likes this.
  9. MON

MON Well-Known Member

Guy on the left is insanely handsome.

If the likes of Lucky Blue can make it, anyone can make it.

Bertrando3 likes this.
  10. RanThe

RanThe Active Member

It’s always nice to see Elle and I don’t mind the cover that much. I just wish she was maybe in black as well.

11. Bertrando3

Bertrando3 Well-Known Member

I love this cover, YES it´s super commercial and very ``Vanity Fair´´ slash ``Town and country´´ meets ``Hello´´ but I have always loved and admired Elle McPherson, she is the type of supermodels I respect: she is in the same league of supers such as Tyra Banks, Cindy Crawford and Heidi Klum. She has made the switch from supermodel to working bad-ass businesswoman and I looove that: TV shows, movies, her beauty brand and she keeps modeling. These women have catapulted into fame after successful modeling careers but they have used their namesake + faces + brains to create their own empires and that´s sooo commendable. Many supermodels from the 80´s and 90´s have vanished from public eye but these women keep surfing on hehe and it´s always cool to read about their current life situations and next big business ventures. This cover is not high fashion but Australian Vogue never was: it won´t ever be the old-school Vogue Italia and it does not need to be in my opinion: Australia as a country as well as its tv shows and movies and people is all about wellness and smiling-happy-people therefore this life aesthetic if you will gets reflected in their way of thinking and in their magazines. The covers there are more or less in this type of way: everybody is chilling, the beach and smiley people and easy breathy clothes. This cover beats for sure all the recent bad US Vogue covers, Anna lost her mind a loooong time ago: I don´t f*** care about Gigi or Bella or Kendall or Kim: I want Vogue to present the coolest and most exciting people, dressed in the most GLAMOROUS way possible, and if Vogue Australia wants to give us the amazing Australian modeling icon which is what Elle is then great. Her sons want to model? Why not: nepotism has always and will even more be part of the fashion industry: I mean Victoria and David Beckham children, Cindy´s daughter, Kristen Mcmenamy´s daughter, Pat Cleveland´s children, Carine Roitfeld´s daughter and so on. Can´t wait to see the editorial and the video.

12. magsaddict

magsaddict Active Member

I think it really represents the way Vogue Australia is trying to balance two distinct audiences. One month they'll have Billie Eilish or a Jenner, and then they'll mix in a few of the older, more traditional cover subjects like Kylie Minogue.

Elle hasn't been on the cover of Aus Vogue in two decades. It was basically a well established fact that Harper's Bazaar Australia under Kellie were the go-to magazine to shoot Elle once every year or two. Traditionally, she's always been a safe bet as cover girl, so I'm interested to see how it will fare. Based on a brief conversation I once had with Elle, she came across as extremely hard-working and quite generous with her time, and above all always always astute. She definitely seems to exert a certain level of control, even down to how she's styled for shoots, which is admirable, and perhaps hints at how she's survived in the public eye after all these years.

Bertrando3 likes this.
  13. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

It never hurt Christy, Claudia, or Kate's careers and they basically relinquish themselves to stylists. But I get that Elle doesnt have their level of influence in the modern fashion industry, so it makes sense that she controls the way she's styled. Just like a celebrity, as opposed to a model, would do.

14. Srdjan

Srdjan Well-Known Member

The boys seem a bit embarrassed to be here.

Perickles likes this.
  15. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

What a gorgeous cover, don't care how cheesy, or commercial, people find these "family" covers, i always love seeing them. Also, such beautiful kids, Elle looks wonderful, and they both have her likeness. I would defo agree, that she should have been styled differently, but i guess they didn't want to go for a full on black.

16. Xone

Xone Well-Known Member

The inside pictures are really bad...Not good photography or styling there...looks like a bad issue of Tatler...

17. bluebanter

bluebanter Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t be mad if The elder brother stole Anwar Hadids nepo career

18. caioherrero

caioherrero Active Member

Kate Darvill is the worst fashion editor

19. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

I very much like this, because it feels so right to see Elle Macpherson back on the cover of Vogue Australia after all these years and I don’t even mind the fact she’s been photographed alongside her two sons. A beautiful family portrait from Nicole Bentley, and love the red masthead with the blue of Elle’s outfit.

20. JesseDillon

JesseDillon Member

The older son reminds me a bit of Christopher Wood