Vogue Australia December 2003 : Eva Herzigova by Karl Lagerfeld

PradaP

Reaction score
cover.jpg

Can a magazine break new ground? Can a magazine be so beautiful that it becomes a collector’s item?

Don’t miss the special issue of December Vogue Australia, the first in the world to be guest edited by Karl Lagerfeld, the famous international designer of Chanel, Fendi and Lagerfeld Gallery.

In the biggest ever issue of Vogue Australia, discover a stellar collection of Australian and international stars as you’ve never seen them before.

See Cate Blanchett channelling the spirit of Coco Chanel, Kylie Minogue photographed by Karl Lagerfeld, Baz Luhrmann in conversation with Karl Lagerfeld on the importance of fashion and books, Marc Newson on his latest design triumph and model Eva Herzigova, also shot by Karl Lagerfeld. And closer to home, an exclusive portfolio by renown Australian photographer Bill Henson and a special photographic essay on Sydney by Hedi Slimane, the Paris-based designer of Christian Dior Homme.

Come behind the scenes and see Lagerfeld’s extraordinary estate at Biarritz, his take on Australian fashion, his favourite female muses who inspire his creativity, read an excerpt from his diet book, share his secret Paris addresses and enjoy an intimate look at the amazing world of one of the most famously creative designers in the world today. All in Vogue Australia’s December 2003 issue.

Cate Blanchett in 'Coco No 2'
It was Karl Lagerfeld’s idea to photograph Australian actress Cate Blanchett as Coco Chanel herself and the transformation is remarkable. Shot in Coco Chanel’s original apartment in Paris, Blanchett is languidly beautiful and channels the spirit of Mme Chanel in a role worthy of a film.
blanc.jpg

Kylie Minogue in 'The Devine Miss M'
Hot on the heels of the release of her 9th studio album, Body Language, Karl Lagerfeld couldn’t resist doing a series of portraits of our Kylie, each one a totally different interpretation of her beauty and style.
kylie.jpg

Baz Lurhmann and Karl Lagerfeld in 'The Conversation'
Who to interview Karl Lagerfeld but another extremely talented individual whose skills stretch across many disciplines. Baz Luhrmann was Vogue’s choice and we arranged for him to spend a weekend with Karl Lagerfeld at his estate in Biarritz. In a wide-ranging interview that covers Lagerfeld’s childhood, his relationship with his extraordinary mother and his early love of fashion, eavesdrop on two of the most creative individuals in their respective fields today.
baz.jpg

On sale Monday November 5, my copy should be arriving next Monday too so will post a review asap :P

thanks Prada :heart:

blanchette blows kylie out of the water !!

kylie looks like a farmer's daughter :blink:

Sounds like a good issue. :o I'm sure Blanchett will look amazing as Coco. :wink:

Thanks PradaP! :flower:

Cate looks amazing. :shock: :heart: I must pick up this issue.

Thanks for the great pictures, PradaP.

nice cover , K.M. looks very strange lately, maybe she did 'something' on her face, she looks weird..

thanks for the news PradaP :heart:

I receieved my issue ysterday and I'm not impressed
It's rather pathetic how obsessed with Karl the magazine seems :rolleyes:

Let me give you a rundown of the contents:
editors letter: raving on about how fabulous it was to work with Karl
fashion: 2 pages of karl's signature looks and runway interpretations
4 pages of Karl's favourite trends and his chosen pieces of clothing and accessories
haute couture runway review.. thank god a few pages free of Karl
more fashion trends, tweed and Karl's sunglasses
one page on the collections Karl designs (chanel, chanel haute couture, lagerfeld gallery, fendi)
one page on a model (nicole trunfio) photographed by karl
runway trend: mod.. surprise surprise.. all from lagerfeld gallery, chanel, blahblah
4 pages of celebs wearing chanel
an article on chanel's new jewelry collection
photographed by karl, his favourite Parisienne (carine roitfeld, emmanuelle alt, etc)
interview with hedi slimane which includes more stuff about karl
karl's favourites.. including actors, cd, drink, food, holiday desination, director, car, etc
an article on karl and his love for english gardens
arts section is just karl and his favourite books (all publised by his company)
then karl's obsession with the ipod
a beauty editorial with perfumes and jewelry photographed by karl
portrait of karl's interpretation of Nicole as hew face of chanel no 5
karl's favourite beauty products
karl's diet
then comes the editorials, coco No2 feat. cate blanchett photographed by Karl, wearing all chanel. this is the one thing from this issue I like
'Sports Channel' ed featuring a model who looks like a plastic doll, wearing almost all chanel
next, baz luhrmann interviews karl.. so long and boring. abt 6 pages long
next ed with Eva H photographed by Karl. I swear the lamest editorial I have ever seen! Even a bloody mannequin has more personality than Eva! She just stands there the whole time
'Sydney' photographed by Hedi Slimane.i 've seen better
'The Divine Miss M', kylie photographed by Karl, wearing chanel. boring
'Anna Ava' photographed by Karl. okay make that two things about this issue i like
'real presences' photographed by bill henson. i dont know what this means

then we havea feature on Karl's estate in Biarritz. 8 pages
then behind the scenes is all abt the shoots
and finally Vogue's last word, Karl quotes from over the years

could an issue get more borrrrinngg!!! :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I have the copy sitting on my desk now.. Not looking forward to reading it now after that review!!! :unsure:

im sorry but it's seriously karl/chanel overkill!!

thats what i think anyway :rolleyes:

Originally posted by PradaP@Nov 4th, 2003 - 10:03 pm
im sorry but it's seriously karl/chanel overkill!!

thats what i think anyway :rolleyes:
I'm starting to see what you mean :doh:

Originally posted by Lena@Oct 31st, 2003 - 3:00 am
nice cover , K.M. looks very strange lately, maybe she did 'something' on her face, she looks weird..
she's been looking a bit botoxed lately :ninja:

soudns hmm, il have to look threw it at least for the cate editorial

I had a lot of time on my hands decided to raid my old mag collection for some scans. Here we go!

Cover and starter pieces:

my scans

Last edited by a moderator:
Coco '03
Cate Blanchett by Karl Lagerfeld

my scans

Last edited by a moderator:
Hedi Interview

Sydney
by Hedi Slimane

(continued below...)

my scans