Vogue Australia December 2012 : Julia Nobis & Black Caviar by Benny Horne

i'm happy for julia, but this just doesn't cut it. but i don't think it's necessarily her fault either. i think an outdoors shot with some green would have made the cover look better, rather than what appears to be sand.

I actually think the cover is great. The styling and placement of everything is rather refreshing.

I really like Julia on the cover; she looks so elegant, without taking the attention off of Black Caviar. Dare I say one of my favourite recent image of Julia.

And as I said in the deleted thread, I love that Black Caviar has her own Vogue cover! She's beautiful. Don't think you could get a better cover star for the racing carnival than her.

Last edited by a moderator:
dreadful cover from her expression to the positioning of the horse, her pose and the text. Looks more like a horse breeders magazine

Whilst I understand Black Caviar's rich racing background, I fail to understand how it warrants the freakin' cover of Vogue. At the end of the day, Vogue's a fashion magazine.. aside from Julia's dress, that's about the one fashion element I see. Julia being so vacant and lifeless doesn't help matters, either.

The release of the magazine lines up with our biggest racing festival of the year, its released on Derby day, a few days before the Melbourne Cup. I think they tied it in with celebrating Australian 'women' as well, being one of the most successful female, albeit equine, sports stars. They've done interviews with the connections and apparently a photo shoot with the female owners :flower:

Love Caviar on the second picture, looks very cute. to bad about how bland Julia looks.

OMG Is really beautiful... I love fashion editorials with animals and more when are horses:blush:

Lol she is like the kristen steward of the modeling world.

Poor Julia. I don't think she looks that bland. Maybe she's trying to make bland chic? lol

Bigger previews from Vogue.com.au

7880671l.jpg
7880691l.jpg

Bianca Rinehart by Stephen Ward

7880751l.jpg

Source: vogue.com.au

The Australiana vibe is strong!

horrible cover, i hate white background, julia's face look not so ugly as always, so I like her make up and hair.

Is this really the cover? Like Seriously? It looks like a Supplement.

That second shot of Black Caviar is stunning, my favorite image thus far :lol:

I never understand why they put bland models with animals on covers (or whatever), the animal always outshines them. :lol:

I never understand why they put bland models with animals on covers (or whatever), the animal always outshines them. :lol:

So true! Black Cavier looks beautiful - the model blah! But overall a very disjointed cover with no real creativity....disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->