Vogue Australia February 2004 : Gemma Ward by Justin Smith

PradaP

Reaction score
IMHO the quality of this magazine is seriously going downhill. I can read it in a 20min sitting :rolleyes: Give me british Vogue anyday!

Cover: Gemma Ward. Her hair and makeup is styled to look like Julia Stegnar from her YSL Fall 2003 campaign. Will post scan when it's uploaded onto site

The usual fashion pages.

2pg feature 'Model Most Likely' on Gemma Ward

2pg article on new Aussie designer Benjamin Mach (who?)

2pg article 'A Girl's Own Adventure'

2pg article 'Due Cred' by Karyn Bosnak. Reprint from US Vogue

The usual arts pages.

The usual beauty pages (especially boring this month) :wacko:

4pg article 'Going to Pieces' reprint from US Vogue

34pg Cosmetic Enchancement Advertising Feature :sick:

Editorials:
Gemma Ward in 'Brave New World', again styled like Julia S in her YSL campaign

Gwyneth Paltrow reprint from UK Vogue

2 more editorials with unknown models, nothing stand out.

'Call of the Wild' feat Peta Wilson (aussie actress), this I like

and then a few pages on Travel

thats all!

thanks. looking forward to seing the cover. although i would've prefered the "real" julia! lol

there must be some new advertisements, no?

34pgs on cosmetic enhancement ads? :shock:

I stopped buying Australian Vogue a long time ago when I realised I was buying the mag and letting it sit on my floor without even flipping through it. I was planning to buy this one as Gemma's on the cover but now... hmm

UK Vogue is the best. I love the humour and personality.

PradaP,

what did you think of Karl Lagerfeld's December Australian Vogue? I searched all around the city for weeks and weeks trying to find it but I never could. Was it a good issue?

It was awful, wasn't it? As it has been for as long as I can remember now.

Chickonspeed, I would say it was a pretty average issue, the best part of which would have been Karl's contribution, but I particularly enjoyed Hedi Slimane's photography of Sydney.

I was thinking about actually buying this issue as well - thought I would support some local talent. But now hmm...
Even US Vogue at it's most mediocre is better than Aust Vogue.
The December issue was a bit of a dissapointment :(

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Jan 6th, 2004 - 9:34 pm
PradaP,

what did you think of Karl Lagerfeld's December Australian Vogue? I searched all around the city for weeks and weeks trying to find it but I never could. Was it a good issue?
I thought it was a pretty horrible issue, it's not worth searching over town for.

Here's the cover, and on the left hand side is a shoot she did for HB last year, similar hey :rolleyes:

Yuck i really hated this ed with gemma, her natural beauty has totally been spoiled by the idiots!!!
It reminds me of that awfull Vogue Italia cover with Rianne Ten Haken on the cover cover their beautiful faces up with a big fat hideous fringe.
Pradap do u have a scan from the picture on the inside though that came along with the little splur on gemma because thats gorgeus but my scan wont be allowed up on here, this pic is how shed come to school looking everyday a fresh clean faced natural beauty!

The cover looks good but its too small to see her face clearly...

A short interview with Gemma:

Brave New World
Photographer: Justin Smith
Model: Gemma Ward

scans by rox_yr _sox

I always regret not buying this. I remember having it in my hands, thinking 'what's all this fuss about this Gemma girl?'. Such a shame, since it was her first Vogue appereance.

Thanks for the scans.

I've never liked Gemma very much but I like this cover and I'm surprised she got 3 covers in 2004 for the same magazine, where the other model were? :D

It was the year of her big debut on the scene, so Vogue Australia really pushed her forward as Australia;s next big thing.

i wish i could say something more than the lame "i'm so happy to see gemma again" comment but i just can't :lol:

Gemma usually looks so good, but this shot looks just.. wrong.

^Well considering it was one of her first big shoots I think she still looks pretty good.

I dont know but i like this cover and the cover reminds me of her movie "The Strangers".

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adrianadrima
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->