Vogue Australia January 2018 : Carey Mulligan by Emma Summerton

ece794500b43fe0fd79608ec36729580

84dea907c80f6ab10f12f4cfec6bebfe

dailytelegraph.com.au

if you still have time, change the year to 2018 :P

Those two images look incredible. The first image (presumably from the editorial) is far superior to the one chosen for the cover, though. Taking away the sunglasses and cropping the bottom of that Valli dress does it disservice.

Not sure why, but I like this a lot. The focus is just on her and the dress. It does veer closely towards bridal magazine territory though.

This is Carey's first global Vogue cover aside from 3 x American Vogue ones.....

LOOOOOOOVE this !!!! THAT is what I want to see in VOGUE around the world: the haute couture, the drama, the over-the-top clothes/hair and makeup and pure glamourrrrrrrrrrrr !!! Love the dress, she looks good, can´t wait to see the HQ

Looks far better than their previous offerings, they've been getting very stale recently. The shot really catches your eye - the art direction is far too UK Marie Claire for my liking though.

Not sure why, but I like this a lot. The focus is just on her and the dress. It does veer closely towards bridal magazine territory though.

This is Carey's first global Vogue cover aside from 3 x American Vogue ones.....

It's so odd to me that she doesn't have a British Vogue cover.

WHY IS SHE BACK.

Her face is annoying to look at :lol:, the - _ - stare, the 'had a straw in my mouth but someone took it away' smile thing she does. Why are magazines so obsessed with her every time she releases something is beyond me... she must be funny as hell in interviews. And her face is pretty much her acting career. She's like the Renee Zellweger of our time.

WHY IS SHE BACK.

Her face is annoying to look at :lol:, the - _ - stare, the 'had a straw in my mouth but someone took it away' smile thing she does. Why are magazines so obsessed with her every time she releases something is beyond me... she must be funny as hell in interviews. And her face is pretty much her acting career. She's like the Renee Zellweger of our time.

Ok, don't bring Renee into this! Lol.

I like Carey a lot. I think she's actually a very capable actress, her only mistake was coming onto the scene after Keira Knightley. I do understand when people say they don't 'get' her or her career. I don't think she had that defining moment in pop culture, or a true 'it' movie yet, despite what you'll see on her resume and the media build-up. And her appeal is definitely more British than international, so that will always put the likes of Michelle Williams and Alicia Vikander ahead of her.

I love the shots. It's a different couture shoot for celebrity and I quite like the edit. Vogue Aus has suffered quite a bit last year but I always enjoy their edits. It's always commercial but different. So there's hope in 2018 for them.

She is in Mudbound on Netflix which I guess why she got the spot though Mary J. Blige is the only contender from the movie during the award season and also another Netflix series in 2018 written by David Hare. I think she was over exposed a bit with her Vogue US covers. I feel like she would have more range if she decides to pick more juicier roles. It seems like now everybody goes to TV so hopefully the new series would show that.

WHY IS SHE BACK.

Whuut? :shock:
Carey is easily one of the most talented actresses of her general and I definitely don't think she is overused in magazines or on covers.

Really like both cover and editorial. Love that black-and-white shot :heart:

Love this, dramatic and cool cover. I actually think Carey is quite underrated because she keeps her personal life so quiet. She's definitely one of the most talented actresses in her age group, and seems to be very normal and cool as well. I am always interested to read interviews with her.

Love the cover in HQ and the story as well but I wish they chose a happier face for the cover because she looks pissed or that the sun came in her eyes while they were shooting.

CAREY
Photographer: Emma Summerton
Stylist: Christine Centenera
Hair: Serge Normant
Make-Up: Dick Page
Models/Celebrity: Carey Mulligan

Vogue Australia Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member