Vogue Australia March 2018 : Emma Watson by Peter Lindbergh

honeycombchild

Reaction score

Emma Watson instagram

Emma’s the issue’s guest editor.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it, its very cozy, but in a good way. I love covers that actually you can fell the the temperature of the season (in this case 'fall') without being too obvious.

I like the outfits but the hair and expression makes her look deranged imo :wacko:

Shades of young Rachel Weisz in that first shot, with the long messy hair, pretty brows, and relaxed smile. Gorgeous :heart:

The second one is too forced, with the fake Kate Middleton like smile.

But seriously, you are VOGUE AUSTRALIA feature your own countrywomen for once! Leave this to Vogue UK.

It's nice to see her smile! She's beautiful. Love the first cover.
She looks like she's cold on the second one, and her smile does look more forced.

I feel like the only international photographer that has brought his A game to Vogue Australia is Gilles Bensimon. Everyone else seems to be there to collect their check.

I find both covers beautiful, and i think having her as a guest editor is a good choice. But seriously have to second HeatherAnne!! They really, really need to strike a better balance of promoting their own models or celebs for the covers v. global celebs they use!

The whole shoot and her guest editor letter are out on their website

vogue.com.au

Love the covers and the editorial is strong, but I’m sorry, I’m afraid I cannot condone that fringe. What on earth?

Fourth shot, with the hat, is quite beautiful. Really love the shape.

So happy to see her on the cover! :heart:

From far away the covers look gorgeous, but up-close I can't help thinking the styling and hair make her look homeless?

As long as she’s been around you would think she would know how to work it, but it’s the same face over and over again.

There's absolutely nothing interesting about her or those covers.

I find Emma to be more photogenic than many working models today.
I like both covers.

Her smile feels too forced, it annoys me when people feel just opening their mouth and showing teeth counts as a smile.

I love Peter Lindbergh and appreciate his work more than ever recently in light of certain unsavoury revelations about his peers...this is probably the first of Emma's Vogue covers where I've thought she looks really beautiful and natural.

Still HATE this art direction though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->