Vogue Australia May 2010 : Elyse Taylor by Todd Barry

Discussion in 'Vintage Magazines' started by ArtVandelay, Apr 4, 2010.

1. ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay New Member

[​IMG]
    capped by me from vogue.com.au

2. MON

MON Well-Known Member

Now that is a gorgeous cover. Very summery. I`m loving Vogue Australia covers, no reprints!

3. purplethistle

purplethistle New Member

This is her second vogue Australia cover, no?

I like this cover. Hope to see the rest of it though. Very excited that there are no reprints. These kinds of Vogue Australia only happen once in a blue moon.

4. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

the colors are nice.. though a little strange for an autumn cover.

5. tarsha

tarsha Active Member

It looks similar to their previous cover, very similar.

6. adorefaith

adorefaith i'm almost ready..

the blouse looks beautiful..:crush: but i'm not sure about all that blue, something about it is too loud for me. As for autumn, having just been home in australia i can say there's nothing autumn-like about the weather...:P it was really warm.
    That 'diary of an almost affair' headline is sooo tacky..:innocent:

7. mrsjamesdean

mrsjamesdean New Member

^ I think that article might be the one that was featured in us vogue(feb?) about a woman "loving" someone whilst married.

8. naya

naya Active Member

Its really nice, the covers are great.

9. Filipe

Filipe New Member

Another summery cover, how can I not love this. Can't wait to see it in better quality and full size.

10. jeremydante

jeremydante Active Member

i love the white masthead; the colors remind me of miami.

11. ALAUU

ALAUU New Member

I wish I was wherever that cover was shot, right now. The colors are beautiful and it's making me yearn for summer even more.

12. gossiping

gossiping Well-Known Member

great cover :D

13. elsaskywalker

elsaskywalker -- aGGravaTion de caS --

She had this one in november 2009.
    [​IMG] chicmanagement.blogspot.com

I dont know if i like it for the moment, waiting for a whole picture.

14. tanii94

tanii94 Active Member

Looks nice. Very blue.:blink: Almost a bit blinding.

15. adorefaith

adorefaith i'm almost ready..

Supermodel shows her Underbelly

April 5, 2010 - 11:25AM

Australian supermodel Elyse Taylor has exposed her sexy underbelly for a provocative Vogue photo shoot alongside Underbelly 3 star Firass Dirani.
    Taylor, scantily styled in Mad Max inspired designer fashion, posed for Vogue entwined with Dirani, who portrays Kings Cross identity John Ibrahim, a former boyfriend of Taylor's, in the upcoming television series Underbelly 3: The Golden Mile.
    Already fashion insiders are buzzing that Vogue's risque take on Underbelly's gangster chic will turn the May edition into a best-seller.
    "Oh great," Taylor laughs over the speculation.
    "The shoot is very tongue in cheek and we all went into it laughing at the situation, which was kind of cool," she said.
    "Australian magazines are a bit conservative and so it was nice to be able to push it as far as it gets."
    Shot over two days in 40 degree heat, Taylor and Dirani posed together on the sand dunes of Newcastle, one of the original locations for the 1979 iconic movie Mad Max.
    Although Ibrahim supported her choice to appear in the sexy Vogue shoot with Dirani, she concedes intertwining her private life with the media can have a downside.
    "Yeah in a way but a bit of a pain really because some parts of your life you just want to keep private, but I do accept that you have to reveal something of your life to make yourself more interesting," Taylor said.
    But the 23-year-old believes "fashion and being provocative go hand-in-hand" and that includes "the ironic glamour" of role play in Mad Max meets Underbelly.
    "I think it incorporates that, people read things, then they see things, and the fact that Vogue did Underbelly and we were shooting where Mad Max was shot (and it's an unbelievable terrain) so I guess it's an incorporation of everything."
    Securing the May issue of Vogue as her second cover within 12 months is the latest coup for the ambitious blonde who recently added UK GQ, Victoria's Secret and Bonds to her impressive portfolio.
    Taylor is also a cyber celebrity to the vast fashion internet community who follow her life; from her purchasing her New York apartment off US designer Alexander Wang, to her strong friendship with Ibrahim, who she dated from 2003 to 2006 until leaving Australia.
    Despite Dirani taking advice from Ibrahim for the Underbelly 3 series and filming around some of Kings Cross's most notorious nightspots, Taylor said he was more shocked to find himself on a Vogue shoot.
    "I don't think he'd done many photo shoots before and so it was kind of like nice to see innocence and not knowing what to do," she said.
    "So it was nice because usually actors come to a shoot and think they are above it all and instead he was being humble."
    Shock value, however, is fast becoming Taylor's career game plan, and it's one that keeps winning her covers.
    "Models' lives are more exposed now, similar to what has happened to celebrities, and I think readers need a reason to connect to the face on the cover," she said.
    "Nowadays most models have to bring a bit more of themselves into the photograph and unless you bring some of your own character or some oomph to the picture then it's just a bland story."
    AAP

smh.com.au

16. maxlinden

maxlinden Active Member

from what i can see it does look fresh and springy but not a lot going on there. Im happy with it though

17. emmaj

emmaj New Member

the bright blue is almost to blinding!
    elyse is an actress now? in underbelly?! ;-o

18. bothsidesnow

bothsidesnow New Member

^ no, the article doesn't say she's an actress
    but the guy she did the shoot with is an actor in Underbelly (and he plays a character who was Elyse's ex!!)

19. ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay New Member

[​IMG]
    chicmanagement

20. sassisam

sassisam New Member

Cover and inside editorial:

[​IMG]

image courtesy of Vogue.
    ** added proper credit. do not promote your blog here, please**

#20 sassisam, Apr 6, 2010
    Last edited by moderator Aviar: Apr 6, 2010