Vogue Australia May 2020 : Carey Mulligan by Josh Olins

I really think that every work of Centenera is the same, and it’s a copy of her style. Every pic I see of her just like that editorial with Carey

I really think that every work of Centenera is the same, and it’s a copy of her style. Every pic I see of her just like that editorial with Carey

I think they only keep her on because of her connections. Think of it as a sort of glorified PR role if you must. She's more connected than an ad exec sitting in their Sydney office.
When you look at Carey's editorial or any of Christine's previous ones, the looks are not from brands who advertise in the magazine. In this case, Chanel is the only brand that actually buys ad pages in Vogue Australia. The rest are all Rick Owens, Roksanda, Theyskens, Simone Rocha, Repossi who hardly have store presence in Australia, their items are stocked boutiques mostly. With Christine in America, Vogue Australia now not only have quicker access to samples from a much larger pool of brands (with the premise that it is guaranteed to be shot on a high profile celebrity) and that puts them on the same level of importance as the American, European and Asian Vogues, but they are also creating demand and a market for those brands to sell to Vogue's Australian readers.
That, and it also means Vogue Australia has easier access to international celebrities while saving on travel costs and scheduling issues.

LOL I sort of love Carey’s shoot for it being a blundering mess from start to finish-- from styling to photography. Every single shot doesn’t work and the supposedly CrazySexyCool hair looks more like someone slapped her on the head right before Josh shot her.

I actually like the cover and editorial just hate the choker

That thing around her neck looks ridiculous and I hate the big black bold text. It all looks very amateur.

i love the picture with the pink boots. the cover looks very nylon, no?

It might not be her best cover but I love seeing Carey. The colours are lovely and she just oozes this natural elegance. One of the better Vogue Australia covers to come out in a while.

Obviously doesn't have the wow-factor as much as Mulligan's last cover of Vogue Australia did but I don't mind the outcome of this, at all. I'm rather fond of the minimal setup, the clean white masthead and the stark black font. An improvement from Zendaya and Dua Lipa, at the very least!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->