Vogue Australia November 2019 : Bella Hadid by Daniel Jackson

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by jorgepalomo, Oct 21, 2019.

1. jorgepalomo

jorgepalomo Well-Known Member

2. mikel

mikel Well-Known Member

What on Earth is she wearing?

3. aracic

aracic Well-Known Member

Anything Bella does is a hit for me, but the styling here is so distracting and hideous. The hat is too big, the shoulder mess left me speechless, that big front zip is ugly and cheap. It screams Louis Vuitton to me. And then you see his name on the side as a headline. ''Fashion's Futurist'' my as*! So tired of this man constantly pushing HIMSELF instead of his designs. He's in every Vogue edition recently, literally more annoying than Hedi and I can't take it anymore.
    I'm also completely over this ugly layout they keep pushing and that font choice. Time for a re-design!

4. jorgepalomo

jorgepalomo Well-Known Member

5. KINGofVERSAILLES

KINGofVERSAILLES Utterly-Unknown Member

Last month Australian Vogue elevated Haley, whom I’d thought of as one of the least talented of the Nepotism Models, with a truly fantastic cover. This month they’ve produced a horrendous cover with the most promising of the bunch, Bella.

At least they’re defying expectations?

vogue28 likes this.
  6. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

I hope Edwina is making money with these covers because they're certainly not to my taste should I buy it on impulse. Zero redeeming feature with this cover. Awful hair (such a 'dirty' looking shade), awful clothes, awful art direction. It takes a special skill to ruin a Bella Hadid cover.

russianelf and Bertrando3 like this.
  7. dior_couture1245

dior_couture1245 Fat Karl

All I can say is those LV clothes are so f*cking ugly.

I skimmed that stupid profile feature of Nicolas in the NYTimes magazine in the most recent issue and I couldn’t believe they had the nerve to describe his clothes as...gulp...wearable.

You call this wearable???

“Fashion’s Futurist”....if this is what the future must look like according to Nicolas...I’d prefer to opt out of the future entirely.

I also thought it was so silly how Nicolas also said in his feature that the eye has to adjust to his clothes....nah, dude....hideous is hideous.

Frida and aracic like this.
  8. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

My biggest question is, how are people buying it? And they are! I know the marketing machine behind his collections are powerful, but even 'when you pull these pieces apart' :rolleyes:, it's still as ugly. And then they have people like Alicia Vikander plugging their goods, who isn't even convincing in that respect. Maybe there is just a large percentage of people out there with poor taste.

Bertrando3, aracic and Nymphaea like this.
  9. amby

amby Well-Known Member

10. dontbeadrag

dontbeadrag Well-Known Member

I am glad for Bella.
    Under all these atrocious clothes, this talentless styling, and vapid photography, you can still see that she is beautiful.

jorgepalomo likes this.
  11. aracic

aracic Well-Known Member

And there's a whole lot of people who'd buy anything just for the Louis Vuitton label and a shopping bag to display in their bedroom. People are like that. Just look at all the Instagram kids in their hideous Adidas and Fendis and Nikes and Guccis, all carefully worn and displayed just so that you could see the famous logos. The clothes themselves aren't pretty or exciting. Same silhouette that's sold all around the world in various retail stores in the basic section, but they have the logo and a sky-high price and in their eyes, that adds a certain value and so they buy it.

Bertrando3 likes this.
  12. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

God LV always there to ruin things with their ugly clothes! But the text layout bothers me too, its all bland!

13. magsaddict

magsaddict Active Member

I feel like this cover is solely composed for instagram - it should have been just a 'digital cover'. Who would spend $8.99 on this?

Miss Dalloway likes this.
  14. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Bella looks like a whole new person on this cover. I find Centenera’s work uninspiring...

They have some great pieces at LV RTW. This ain’t one of them and sometimes the runway styling doesn’t help. And the commercial collection, which is basically an extension of his first few seasons with new prints is solid too.
    I liked that resort collection but the pieces I love where the tamer ones.
    It’s not the easiest collection to market tbh compared to the fabulous current FW.
    A lot of pieces such as this one on the cover are produced in very very limited quantities.

15. anadmm

anadmm New Member

is that bella hadid at this point? sis is looking different

samoanceleb and magsaddict like this.
  16. MyNameIs

MyNameIs Well-Known Member

She looks like Johnny Depp's character in Dead Man, lol.

Terrible cover though. That's got to be one of the ugliest pieces of clothing I've ever seen.

17. phungnam96

phungnam96 Well-Known Member

Wow she looks like an influencer that has only 1000 followers

RedSmokeRise and Bertrando3 like this.
  18. Vitamine W

Vitamine W Well-Known Member

Here, wear this LV rag and stand against this white wall. Yes, good, click. Great, cover done. Next

19. Srdjan

Srdjan Well-Known Member

I don't mind yet another cover with Bella or Gigi. But when magazines put their names splashed across covers like that, I find it annoying because it is obvious they are used for the hype and not for their looks/modelling skills.

Bertrando3 and magsaddict like this.
  20. Nomar

Nomar Well-Known Member

The hat makes her look like some kind of confused country musician. Yeah, no.