Vogue Australia September 2017 : Bella Hadid & Jordan Barrett by Jackie Nickerson

I am so sick of seeing Bella everywhere. She's so mediocre at modeling. I wish that underrated girls with talent to convey emotion and tell a story with their posing would get all the covers. It's simply not fair that Bella can be a superstar while underrated models never get to be as big.

I am so sick of seeing Bella everywhere. She's so mediocre at modeling. I wish that underrated girls with talent to convey emotion and tell a story with their posing would get all the covers. It's simply not fair that Bella can be a superstar while underrated models never get to be as big.

I'd disagree on the fact that Bella is mediocre, but in return I would agree about how unfair the business is. I mean, I'm pretty sure we have about over 9000 models existing, and we could take a crop of the best 1% out of it.

But then again, the fashion media including Vogue treats her, along with Gigi and Kendall, as the "only models that matter" IMO (read: favoritism)...

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone got this issue? Is it really resized now? Like bigger than it was?

I like the Japan eds.

Savage Beauty

Photographer: Jackie Nickerson
Models: Bella Hadid, Jordan Barrett
Stylist: Christine Centenera
Make-up: Romy Soleimani
Hair stylist: Shon
Nails: Rica Romain

qualityfashionphoto

Savage Beauty

Models: Bella Hadid, Jordan Barrett
Make-up: Romy Soleimani
Hair stylist: Shon
Nails: Rica Romain

Continued...

qualityfashionphoto

The editorial is so beautiful, Jackie Nickerson has worked some magic with the intimate photography of Jordan Barrett. All her work in the Vogue issue is beautiful, and fresh.

Red Rising

Model: Yumi Lambert
Make-up: Maki Ryoke
Hair: Sophie Roberts

fashioneditorials

I hope this is the beginning of a long and interesting relationship with Jackie Nickerson. Her work instantly lifted the staleness of this magazine. Some time back I visited a friend's house and he had Nickerson's 'Farm' book, with all the African labourers, on the coffee table. It's truly a remarkable and memorable collection of images which will appeal to anyone with good taste. And that same voyeuristic (without being creepy) aesthetic is evident in Yumi's edit.

Vogue Australia just arrived in my area earlier today and while the issue isn't that big for Sept, it's certainly filled with interesting features. The Bella/Jordan interview is such a waste of space. Drivel-like questions such as 'what do you like to eat'. The Nickerson interview is the best for me. Not very Vogue-like because they tend to keep their photographers in the background. I hope Vogue Australia will continue (at least every now and then) to book these niche photographers to shoot the entire issue. It's a great concept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SailorMoon1993
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->