Vogue Australia September 2018 : Kylie Jenner by Jackie Nickerson

Did they purposefully photoshop her to look like Kendall on the cover?

There is only one Kylie who can appear with no last name on the cover of Vogue Australia and that name isn’t Jenner.

Yes, imagine having one of the most known Aussie celebrities, Kylie Minogue, known as KYLIE worldwide, and now you just put a secondary reality television personality on the cover for likes or whatever, but without adding the surname is confusing and also disrespectful to the Kylie who has real TALENT.

I already knew the editorial's gonna sucks as soon as I saw the name Jackie Nickerson.

re the cover shot.
You know when you get a barbie doll and turn its body around. thats what this looks like. those shorts make it look like her bum has been rotated to be front on.

Awful editorial, it looks like a random girl's unposted Instagram pics. The cover is actually the best image even though it's not even well made, I was just about to ask what were those red, superimpossed flowers meant to do for the cover and I just got my answer in the editorial: not much other than looking really out of place.

Eeeew what on earth is this? Teen Vogue? Some cringe Cosmopolitan feature? Vogue Australia has been a big fat question mark for a long time now but this is just... I don't know what it is. I have local Elle issues that have more inspiring editorials and this is VOGUE. Or whatever happened to fashion and all the magazines.. it's like they're having a big contest of "who sucks more?" each month and they somehow manage to outdo themselves over and over again. Is fashion ever gonna recover from what 2010s did to it?

We all know the significance of the September Vogue, and I think this is Vogue Australia's almost desperate attempt to say they got the numbers for their September edition this year. Regardless of what you think of Kylie, her followers are something else.

Question: Is Kylie wearing gym shorts on the cover? I initially thought so, but upon closer inspection they look like they might not be...?

In an effort to say something positive, it is nice to see her face not contoured, filtered and bronzed within an inch of its life. So much of the time I forget she's only 21. The fourth picture of her wearing the off shoulder puffy sleeve top is a nice shot, I think. But the rest of the editorial is just a mess, like the whole team at VA just lost the ability to do their job properly (like putting together an editorial that looks coherent) because they were so overwhelmed and all a-tizzle by having Kylie in their midst.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->