Vogue Australia September 2019 : Margot Robbie by Mario Sorrenti

moussemaker

Reaction score
17390208-7367003-image-a-61_1566055347636.jpg

17390206-7367003-image-a-62_1566055354801.jpg

17390210-7367003-image-a-60_1566055340198.jpg

17390212-7367003-image-a-63_1566055359796.jpg

source: dailymail.co.uk

Not a single redeeming one for me! Reminds me too much of his recent Carine story for Bazaar, which I didn't like. I don't know why photographers and stylists always want to make her look edgy.

The second cover is my favourite, it looks so not vogue but I love the pose, the angle, the way the outfit is shown and Margot's expression. It's very chic and edgy.

The first cover is ok. The rest is not so good.

Multi-covers and a big Aussie movie star like Margot Robbie feels like the perfect recipe for a September issue of Vogue Australia, but I can only remotely tolerate the first and third covers here. What's up with Mario Sorrenti and mediocre photography lately?

What bothers me the most is that font, it looks very amateur. I like black and white covers and the side shot in color but they're not that memorable to me. But happy for Margot anyway

It's always lovely to see Margot but these covers are just meh.

Whoa, didn't expect much from this, she rarely does it for me in print, but not a single bad cover here, love them all!

I like all of the shots but the only one that works as a cover, imo, is the third one. Also, the layout is really amateurish, I'm sure they can afford a better graphic designer.

What a scoop - The director and star of one of the hottest movies of the year! Margot is really the Aussie movie star heir apparant of Blanchett and Kidman, but she's let down here with weak photography and styling. In terms of the garments, only the first one works for me.

What a scoop - The director and star of one of the hottest movies of the year!

Not really. Somehow US Esquire, with their dwindling grasp on contemporary pop culture, managed to secure not only an interview but also A COVER with Brad, Leo and Tarantino. Rewind 10 years back and that level of access would have been unthinkable. At best an editor would have had to do with either Brad or Leo, and VF would have been their first choice. So, yet another example of Radhika sleeping on the job, and how pre-2010 celebrities must compete with social media stars to keep ahead of the pack.
But that aside, Tarantino's newfound flexibility is imo a sign that he'll have to work extra harder to sell movie tickets. The whiff of Harvey Weinstein still lingers around him.

Not a single redeeming one for me! Reminds me too much of his recent Carine story for Bazaar, which I didn't like. I don't know why photographers and stylists always want to make her look edgy.

That expalin the facts that covers 1 & 2 are exactly what I would except from her for a Vogue Paris Cover

Not really. Somehow US Esquire, with their dwindling grasp on contemporary pop culture, managed to secure not only an interview but also A COVER with Brad, Leo and Tarantino. Rewind 10 years back and that level of access would have been unthinkable. At best an editor would have had to do with either Brad or Leo, and VF would have been their first choice. So, yet another example of Radhika sleeping on the job, and how pre-2010 celebrities must compete with social media stars to keep ahead of the pack.
But that aside, Tarantino's newfound flexibility is imo a sign that he'll have to work extra harder to sell movie tickets. The whiff of Harvey Weinstein still lingers around him.
I more meant a scoop in that we're a small country with a small magazine market, but I totally see your point. Tarantino has actually done a surprising number of magazine cover shoots - so perhaps he just enjoys the glossy treatment, usually flanked by his star actors.

I hope it´s a foldout... love 1st and 2nd covers :smile:

Huge huge huge disappointment for a September issue. Looks and feels more like an August, or a November issue.

VA have completely abandoned its breezy, beauty, outdoorsy, athletic vibe that made it so distinct and full of personality-- along with sleek art direction that held it all together so beautifully. I adored the last issue with Margot on a sofa on the front porch vibe. This “international” direction is all lost whichever way they’re trying. And so neutered.

Along with Margot’s, there are just 2 more main fashion stories. One’s completely forgettable with its catalogue tone, and the other is by Andrew Nuding and stars Adut. A few shots are lovely; Adut lying on a high grass field sort of prettiness. But she’s made up-- -complete with pointy ears, to play an elf… With her near-shaved head, she comes across more boyish Puckish. Just horrible, amateur cosplay concept and should have had her simple and clean since they can’t pull off the whimsy. Once again, why this woman is not playing the role of a sensual, nubile being just shows how afraid and careful people are with Black models these days. Treating her like a precious, delicate sculpture comes off as offensive as if she were shot as some Zulu warrior. She’s a model, not a nun. And this is high fashion— not a department-store catalogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->