Vogue Australia September 2021 : Magnolia Maymuru by Charlie Dennington

They had the opportunity to shoot a one of a kind cover subject whose beauty is rarely seen on magazines or even in fashion and they covered her with a tacky lens flare! These smaller issues are giving them a run for their money.

pics ascention mag / reddit
What a beautiful girl! Too bad her beauty is hidden behind that awful and unnecessary lens flare.

Wow, way to ruin what could have been a perfect cover. That lens flare (learned a new word, yay!) is so unnecessary.
Love the backdrop, and she's clearly a beauty so definitely a missed opportunity for Edwina.

Still, so far I'm going with British Vogue, Vogue China, and this one as my faves for September.

Lets do sunrise on every september cover! This will be so cool!!! Are you agree, girls? No? Pack your stuff and leave the building in 15 minnutes then

Clearly sunrise is their theme for September this year

Another mommy cover for Vogue Italia this year. I hate the way the completely hid her face on the cover, I would be furious if it were me. And she is so beautiful... hopefully there's decent shots in the story.

Did JJ Abrams direct this shoot?

Echoing others and agreeing that the lens flare was unnecessary. I didn’t even see that she was holding her daughter until I looked closely.

They truly had zero respect for her. There is clearly an attempt to hide her face.

And what the hell with those photographers who don't respect themselves to do a basic shot of someone? They have their name on this but they do that ?!

So this is what Anna routinely woke up at 5:00am to play tennis and came up with this brilliant idea, well, sunrise for september?LOL

During the meeting they probably said something along this line:

“Let’s feature her with a lens flare because she is so beautiful, her face can project sunlight!”

Vogue Australia September 2021

Daughters Of Sunrise

Photography: Charles Dennington
Styling: Kaila Matthews
Hair: Rory Rice
Makeup: Victoria Baron
Model: Magnolia Maymuru

Vogue Australia Digital Edition

Vogue Australia September 2021

Star Dust

Photography: Jason Kim
Styling: Sarah Cobb
Hair: Cecilia Romero
Makeup: Morgane Martini
Model: Amilna Estevao

Vogue Australia Digital Edition

They truly had zero respect for her. There is clearly an attempt to hide her face. !

^^This. How cowardly to treat her like this. It's 2021, is putting someone who isn't blonde and blue-eyed -- I don't know who she is, guessing she's Aboriginal -- such a frightening proposition that they have to obscure her face?

Last edited:
I think it's a gorgeous and rather refreshing cover from Vogue Australia this month, despite the lens flare obscuring Magnolia Maymuru's face. I am instantly transported to that beach at sunrise. The colours are just so vibrant and juicy, and I'm appreciative of the layout and clean white masthead/text.

This cover could be beyond amazing … that is if the sun wasn't in our eyes. :cry:

This could've been incredible if only they used the opening shot of Magnolia's editorial for the cover instead. You can see her much more clearly and it's still a beautiful image with the sun visible. But I guess these quasi-editors get hired just for the sake of it nowadays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->