Vogue Brasil June 2020 by Gringo Cardia

Be nice!! This is literally a 5th grader’s first time using photoshop. If anyone says otherwise I won’t believe it.

Paratodos is a Chico Buarque album.
he is one of the most traditional singers in Brazil. "paratodos" means something like "for everyone" and on the cover of the magazine they use images of people who make national fashion from employees and stylists to seamstresses and photographers. anyway, a lazy and completely forgettable cover

image from Google

563850E2-5C6E-43CC-A365-119E7601D845.jpeg

Wow, no to everything about this cover. Even the model shots, which look like digitals? Would have been a perfect opportunity to go with a top Brazilian model or icon instead, someone more recognised. Not Gisele!

This magazine is like Vogue Turkey for me nowadays. I'm hardly aware that they still exist.

Picking up the scraps from Farneti. What makes it even more hilarious and ironic is that it was done by Giovanni Bianco.

I'm all for meaning and references to culture and what not, but that's just ugly. Despite the concept and story behind the cover, when the execution is this ugly it doesn't even matter.

Every time they hire a different photographer I miss Luigi & Iango and their wonderful CGI glamour.

I kind of like the Chico Buarque cover, not so much for the actual composition but the way these type of covers inform us a bit more about the culture this is aimed at and how some images that mean nothing to the rest immediately translate as a message on tradition or resistance to an entire population. I think it's clever that they played with a classic album cover and turned it into a Vogue cover.

.. also, I feel like I can never catch up with Brazilian classics.. I've never heard of this man and couldn't find this album on itunes but did find Na Itália and it sounds like the right music for a long post-workout bath on a sunny day. Just sayin..

The still life cover by Zee Nunes is lovely, too. The rest, I don't even know what to say... but actually I will say one thing: posing on your toes to elongate your legs is pointless and a major pet peeve of mine.. it's the modern equivalent of women sucking in their stomach in the early 90s and looking like they had a gigantic ribcage (plus no neck and suffocation- catch my drift here). I mean, what's the problem, that your legs aren't "long"? long in relation to what or whom? and what's that plant doing there? I guess it's supposed to be empowering but I'm left overwhelmed by the acrobatics in trying to achieve one clearly strict standard and in the ever so vulnerable state of nudity. Just be creative and... change the pose! ~love thyself~

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k3lse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->