Vogue Brazil December 2017 : Valentina Sampaio by Gui Paganini

MDNA

Reaction score

vogue.globo.com

Last edited by a moderator:
The first one is a tad corny for my taste, but I like the second cover! It's a great, classic, and glamorous way to end 2017. And no 'trans' tag in sight, which for me is a plus. Just a focus on Valentina's beauty, that's all.

The lovely Valentina, back on a cover that I would buy, if only I could... but only the first one, the second looks more like a shot of someone's tiled bathroom.

I really do enjoy a nice smile on a Vogue cover, and her hair looks great as well. The other one is so not necessary!

And Benn98 i second that! Nice they didn't need to use that tagline!

The lovely Valentina, back on a cover...

It really is disappointing that after her VP cover she isn't getting much covers though! I mean even just work in regular Vogue Paris eds would be nice. She is perfect for their beauty pages. But it seems Alt had no interest in actually supporting her career beyond the cover she gave her, and that says a lot about her! Using her on the cover was nothing but a PR gimmick, and that is not how you usher in change!

Last edited by a moderator:
Valentina is amazing, but this is a big no to me. The second cover is one of the worst ever. The best brazilian fashion magazine is elle.

I really disliked the first one, it's suited for an insta pic, not for a magazine cover. The second I thing is acceptable, but still a turn off after the November cover, that looked so good in the newsstands and billboards (I live in brazil).

The cover line is corny (and whyyyy the hashtag??) but I love the picture they chose (the first one in color), especially being the December issue. Valentina is so pretty, so young-Brooke-Shields, perfect for 80s/90s glam looks. I don't mind the cliché here.

Valentina is stunning, but I don't like any of these covers.

Even thought the first cover is a bit cheesy I still love it, she looks beautiful.

It really is disappointing that after her VP cover she isn't getting much covers though! I mean even just work in regular Vogue Paris eds would be nice. She is perfect for their beauty pages. But it seems Alt had no interest in actually supporting her career beyond the cover she gave her, and that says a lot about her! Using her on the cover was nothing but a PR gimmick, and that is not how you usher in change!

It never ceases to amaze me how people don't see through Emmanuelle Alt's BS. I'm sure Valentina don't mind being used as a postergirl for trans women, but she also said she wanted to be a working fashion model. She's got that classic type of beauty which will always be in demand so I'd be more inclined to see her integrated on runways and campaigns, and not used as bait by the likes of Alt (btw, love how karma had it's way her - what with that issue's weak sales stint.)

It never ceases to amaze me how people don't see through Emmanuelle Alt's BS. I'm sure Valentina don't mind being used as a postergirl for trans women, but she also said she wanted to be a working fashion model. She's got that classic type of beauty which will always be in demand so I'd be more inclined to see her integrated on runways and campaigns, and not used as bait by the likes of Alt (btw, love how karma had it's way her - what with that issue's weak sales stint.)

Gotta admit, i took Alt at face value when she put her on the cover! I thought she might actually give Valentina the support she gave to Luna, Anna.etc But nope, it was pure gimmick.

I do agree that Valentina could be perfect for those fashion categories you mentioned, she defo deserves better offers.

There's a Vogue Italia fever among the Vogues

V DE VITÓRIA
Photographer: Gui Paganini
Stylist: Pedro Sales
Hair & Make-Up: Rodrigo Costa
Model: Valentina Sampaio

Vogue Brazil Digital Edition

RITO DE PASSAGEM
Photographer: Rafael Pavarotti
Stylist: Pedro Sales
Hair & Make-Up: Renata Brazil
Model: ?