Vogue Brazil July 2018 : Blésnya Minher by Zee Nunes

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by gunsnroses, Jun 24, 2018.

1. gunsnroses

gunsnroses Active Member

2. ghostwriter10549

ghostwriter10549 Well-Known Member

3. Bertrando3

Bertrando3 Well-Known Member

WOW FINALLY Another black model on the cover of Vogue Brazil !!! GORGEOUSSSSSS love the first one, the second one the styling is too crazy.

4. caioherrero

caioherrero Active Member

Second one is the best

5. 333101

333101 Well-Known Member

Blesnya is so pretty. I love the vibrancy of the second cover.

6. Karl Boucher

Karl Boucher Member

As a Brazilian, I love the second cover. I think it is well-executed and I could perfectly see a girl like her in some Carnaval street party.

7. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

The second cover is so vibrant and lively! The colours, her smile, pose. Everything. I'm surprised Zee Nunes took a break from his modern emo scthick to deliver this. Also impressed by the model who always looked like an afterthought in those Calvin Klein campaigns. If Lineisy and Maria aren't 'shooked', they should be.

What doesn't surprise me at all is that Vogue Brazil once again had to look for a 'theme' to justify an African model on their cover. The Jorge Amado reference is so literal, dare I say lazy.

8. EstefaniaAbaddon

EstefaniaAbaddon Well-Known Member

Love the first cover. Not feeling the lightning (although it may be photoshop) on the second one.

Not too hopeful with the content as it is usually very basic and even tragic at times, but I'm curious with the main editorial.

Side note: funny how Vogue Brazil focus on more Portuguese artists than Vogue Portugal. :lol: But that is something that I will always give them, they do focus a lot on Brazilian talent. It feels like a Brazilian Vogue. These two covers are proof.

9. inwhiterooms

inwhiterooms Active Member

Aww I love both of these covers. You can't help but smile back!

10. zowiebowie

zowiebowie Member

Vogue Brazil frequently has themes for its issues. You had the March issue about social media (with Marina Ruy Barbosa on the cover), you had last month, when the theme was modern elegance... And so on. You also had April, when the issue revolved around female friendship (with black models on the cover, may I add).
    This is not a one time thing to justify a black model ;)

11. Fiercification

Fiercification Well-Known Member

Second cover is great, and I'm glad to see Blesnya. Is that a book she's holding by her waist though :huh:?

12. celloiof

celloiof Member

The color cover in print is unbelievable, so beautiful! And the rest of the ed also is way above the average for VB. They had plenty of options for cover in this issue

13. AFWQ

AFWQ Active Member

Touché! AHAH

It's very funny cuz they had Manuel Arnaut, portuguese and current dir. of Vogue Arabia, Felipe Baptista, ex-creative dir. of Lacoste and other personalities at CNI Luxury but is Vogue Brazil who gives the interview space to Manuel (from what I already saw) and more focus on Felipe Baptista (front page).

From what it was show to me on Vogue Portugal team wrote a small text/introduction about Manuel. He could be leading next big Vogue for all we know...

I am really proud of this issue. It truly embraces portuguese language culture worldwide. Something that Portugal doesn't exactly do aa well Brazil. Portuguese has some force worldwide is because of them. Because they care for their country language and culture. Every country should.