Vogue Brazil June 2019 : Grace Elizabeth by Giampaolo Sgura

Oh my god whoever did that hair must be fired. Goodness.

I mean drag queens have better hair... om a regular gig??

I don't like the hair and the Prada on Prada on Prada on Prada outfit is an overkill. That gorgeous face deserves so much better than this.

The hair is awful, the styling is over the top and the photography is average at best.
The only good thing about these covers is Grace, she's undeniably beautiful.

I don't hate the OTT hair to be honest, but for it to be truly appreciated, the styling should be toned down somewhat.

Her makeup is stunning though. What a beauty!

The second shot reminds me of the 'big hair' Vogue covers that Paulina Porizkova used to get in the 80s.

Coincidently, she was a big Estee Lauder spokesmodel. I can see how Grace Elizabeth was chosen by them because she represents the modern version of Paulina's type of beauty.

Vomit inducing... Poor Grace.

The first cover is indeed pretty bad. The facial expression, the hair and the look... Just no.
But I do love the second cover/close up.
Happy to see Grace again!

The team behind the shot must hate Grace. This is terrible.

she’s so pretty but she looks a bit insane here, like one of these women in law firms or government that really push it with the hair, unnecessary belts and questionable prints because ‘I like having fun with fashion’.

......like one of these women in law firms or government that really push it with the hair, unnecessary belts and questionable prints because ‘I like having fun with fashion’.

Burst out laughing while reading this part!
But yes, very much like an impostor. Someone who's not really part of the fashion set, but who believe she's pulling the wool over everyone's eyes with these exaggerated motifs. Funny, because in a way that reminds me of camp too.

We've seen this before when she got her first major spread in V Magazine.. it's been done

I like Grace, but she was the cover of Vogue Brazil not even a year ago. They could have easily put another model on. The first cover with the overlaps of clothes is horrible the art direction.

She is ready for Drag Race! I actually like it

Out of all the looks to choose from they pick the ugliest one. The text is also too small and it looks out of place. As for the hair, they really went for the Frankenstein aesthetic. The only difference is that she stuck a fork in a power outlet.

Love love love the second cover!

But first cover... it's not just hair... all of it is bad.

* always happy to see a model on a cover

A vast, vast improvement from last month’s
covers and it’s always so wonderful to see Grace Elizabeth on the cover of Vogue.

Giampaolo Sgura hasn’t been doing it for me lately but this feels like an upgrade from Sgura’s previous efforts. I don’t even mind the OTT styling, or the huge voluminous hairdo on Grace. My favourite is the black and white cover, which is gorgeous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->