Vogue Brazil October 2019 : Christy Turlington by Luigi & Iango

Perfection!! Almost didn't notice that ugly giant earring due to her striking face. Vogue Brasil x Luigi & Iango has been producing some really stellar covers this year, I really hope their collaboration will continue in the future.
Second cover is just as perfect! You can really never go wrong with Christy.

The first cover feels very Vogue UK.
Why is this earring everywhere? First Vogue Paris, now Brazil...

thanks to photoshop, second cover is just tragic (as expected). they better not even think of touching models older than 25

Woooow this is beautiful in every possible way. Christy looks perfect :heart:

thanks to photoshop, second cover is just tragic (as expected). they better not even think of touching models older than 25

Can't say I like any cover actually. She looks like a parody here. Such aggressive retouching, I refuse to believe Christy signed off on these covers. Especially when you recall her Vogue Mexico cover.

L&I are so all over the place with their work but these shots are pretty great.

LOOOOOOOOOOOVE it ! Christyyyyyyy :heart: she looks out of this world gorgeoussssssssss cover 1 and 2 and so hot, cover 2 is sublime but yeah a ``tad´´ retouched ahahha

Christy Turlington is undeniably stunning. Gorgeous!

However my problem with this is that this Luigi & Iango style is already HEAVILY ASSOCIATED with Vogue Japan to a point that even an original product of another franchise (as in this case) is easily mistaken as a reject of Vogue Japan.

Tell me how these can easily be mistaken as Vogue Japan covers and the black and white covers as their "digital" covers.

Photographers: Luigi & Iango
Fashion Editor: Pedro Sales
Makeup Artist: Georgi Sandev
Hair: Luigi Murenu
Executive direction: Thuy Tran
Retouching: Victor Gautier

vogue.globo.com

Wow, I'm so proud of Vogue Brasil. This is incredible!
The first cover is so beautiful, but the second one is by far my favorite.

Can't say I like any cover actually. She looks like a parody here. Such aggressive retouching, I refuse to believe Christy signed off on these covers. Especially when you recall her Vogue Mexico cover.

I absolutely adore Christy and there’s no denial she looks stunning. However, I agree with you. They tried to recreate some of her old shots and then retouched them so aggressively that it almost looks like a caricature even though everything seems perfect. I think when you work with these guys you know what’s expected. On the other hand, Christy doesn’t shy away to present her natural beauty and does she look stunning!!! To me she is much more beautiful when she is presented without heavy retouching. As much as people here raved about her campaign for Jacobs I was once again disturbed by the heavy retouching.

I absolutely adore Christy and there’s no denial she looks stunning. However, I agree with you. They tried to recreate some of her old shots and then retouched them so aggressively that it almost looks like a caricature even though everything seems perfect. I think when you work with these guys you know what’s expected. On the other hand, Christy doesn’t shy away to present her natural beauty and does she look stunning!!! To me she is much more beautiful when she is presented without heavy retouching. As much as people here raved about her campaign for Jacobs I was once again disturbed by the heavy retouching.

It's definitely expected with L&I. They're what M&M used to be 10-15 years ago, like kids discovering a new toy and going to town with it.

I saw a Matchesfashion ad in a tube station yesterday. Christy has minimal make-up on and her temples are grey. The contrast with these covers is disturbing.

It's definitely expected with L&I. They're what M&M used to be 10-15 years ago, like kids discovering a new toy and going to town with it.

I saw a Matchesfashion ad in a tube station yesterday. Christy has minimal make-up on and her temples are grey. The contrast with these covers is disturbing.

I personally find this amount of retouching offensive and disrespectful to the subject. Unless we look at this as a way of artistic interpretation of realism vs unrealism. I think unrealism has been present in fashion for a long time and didn’t gather enough recognition as a movement:smile:

P.S. this feels to me like a remastered version of Meisel’s work. To compare it music - sound/melody remains the same but it’s more polished.

You're right, Meisel's iconic photographs of Christy must've been the main inspiration on their moodboard for this shoot...

Untitled.jpg

I actually love the way they photoshopped the hell out of her, just as they always do with their models. It's their style, everyone knows it's fake and unrealistic but for some reason, in my opinion it adds extra something to their photographs. I do prefer Christy's more natural images (Matchesfashion is a great example, she's breathtaking in those photographs), but I love seeing this CGI Christy as well, lol

You're right, Meisel's iconic photographs of Christy must've been the main inspiration on their moodboard for this shoot...

View attachment 1127335

I actually love the way they photoshopped the hell out of her, just as they always do with their models. It's their style, everyone knows it's fake and unrealistic but for some reason, in my opinion it adds extra something to their photographs. I do prefer Christy's more natural images (Matchesfashion is a great example, she's breathtaking in those photographs), but I love seeing this CGI Christy as well, lol

I know what you mean. As long as we agree on the absurdity of presenting this as reality than fine :-) I do like exaggerated or inflated approach to presenting beauty too but my problem is that they are not honest about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kancuk24
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->