Stylist: Regina Chan
Hair: Louis Souvestre
Makeup: Mee Kee Song
Cast: Nyaueth Riam

Vogue China Digital Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
who wrote the editor letter? Anna or MZ

^^^ Anna.

Margaret will likely debut for the Sept issue.

Hi @Benn98! If it's not too much to ask, is it possible for you to upload the Editor's letter and the masthead as well? Thank you!

I though Anna is just overseeing the issue while the old Vogue China team still does everything with the Deputy Editor still being in charge. Didn't know she signs the Editor's letter as well! You'd think the Deputy Editor would've at least done that!

Thanks for translating the credits, MDNA. :heart::flower:

Hi @Benn98! If it's not too much to ask, is it possible for you to upload the Editor's letter and the masthead as well? Thank you!

I though Anna is just overseeing the issue while the old Vogue China team still does everything with the Deputy Editor still being in charge. Didn't know she signs the Editor's letter as well! You'd think the Deputy Editor would've at least done that!

She has been writing the editor's letter since the very first issue without Angelica. LOL. I doubt many Chinese readers have a problem with it, they'd know who she is and they're big on prestige......so they more than likely see this as a win. The only Vogue other than British and American Vogue to be edited by Anna.

Vogue China Digital Edition

Thank you for these @Benn98! On those days when you think Anna's power and influence are waning, you have this to look at. It does take a lot of power to be a sitting Vogue Editor writing the Editor's Letter of another edition in a different language at that. It's the first time I've ever seen this phenomenon to happen.

I doubt many Chinese readers have a problem with it, they'd know who she is and they're big on prestige......so they more than likely see this as a win

Oh for sure. Imagine Anna Wintour writing an Editor's letter in your own language? This is truly a win. They love the prestige of it. I do hope I could say the same for Margaret Zhang.

Thank you for these @Benn98! On those days when you think Anna's power and influence are waning, you have this to look at. It does take a lot of power to be a sitting Vogue Editor writing the Editor's Letter of another edition in a different language at that. It's the first time I've ever seen this phenomenon to happen.

Norman Tan also let it slip that she worked closely with him on his first few issues, and I imagine she's keeping an eye on that edition now that she's overseeing Vogue China.

You have to admit how unusual this is, and further proof that VC is without a doubt one of CN's most profitable magazines. There's no way that Anna would dedicate so much focus to edit the magazine through the transition period. But on a purely gossipy level, I think she's also trying to see how exactly how fast their wheel of advertising turns.

There's something really crass about Li Bingbing's cover editorial. Of course Li Bingbing is the spokesperson for Dior in China, but I've never seen such a blatant display of advertising in a cover editorial as the shot of her holding J'adore bottle. It's already a feature of her wearing mostly Dior looks, and then the perfume as well. Something like that would not have passed under Angelica.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->