Vogue China August 2010 : Karlie Kloss by Peter Lindbergh

The Gentle Woman
Photographer: Daniel Jackson
Stylist: Tiina Laakkonen
Models: Tati/Ylonka/Marlena/Pauline/Ann Kenny/Bonne Chen/Ping Hue Cheung

Scanned by me.

Skin Deep - Abbey Lee Kershaw by Hedi Slimane - Nice but one-note in more ways than one.

Secret Garden - Karlie Kloss by Peter Lindbergh - It isn't bad but it isn't at the level that I expect from a photograper and model at Lindbergh's and Kloss' level. Furthermore there is something off about the styling and maybe even the lighting, like there is not enough contrast between the clothes and the background. Also, the photoshop haters can kiss my butt because this ed looks kinda rough and needs some photoshop to smooth it out.

My New Pants - Liu Wen by Camilla Akrans - It's not groundbreaking but I quite like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank u so much williscrazy for the scans:flower: karma!
The HQ's confirm my first impression about Liu's ed in the previous page: the result is extremely poor and she deserves much more than that! I love Abbey's ed... she's divine even if her face/expression is the same in in every shot!

Wow! I love Karlie´s and AAbbey´s editorial.They are two of my fav. models!

slimane's work has been quite appealing lately... love abbey's ed.
on the other hand, karlie's looks boring and uninspired.

Crazy good editorials. I love Karlie's especially but the rest are equally strong.

This looks like a very good issue. Love the variation in eds.

Abbey's editorial is stunning. It's nice to see her with straight hair and looking quite different.
Liu's edit is really nice too, always a pleasure to see Camilla Akrans's work, love the poses and colours.

Wow my favourite is Karlie's ed.
Abbey's ed is pretty boring IMO ...

I don't really understand the appeal of Karlie's ed, but I guess that's personal preference.

I especially like Shanghai Spring and Liu's ed.

beyond creativity, styling & beauty- the daniel jackson spread is just wacky.

That issue is literally phenomenal! Fantastic models and photographers line-up :heart: I'm pretty unnerved at Karlie's editorial doesn't matching her cover, but this being said, it has a moody, uncanny feeling to it that I love. As for Abbey's editorial, it's flawless. I'll just stick to this, for want of a better phrase. I don't really care for the multi-girl story per se, but the casting is ACE! Good for those newcomers to be given their chance to appear in a rather important publication.

i wanna ask, how much the price of this magazine in Yuan? cause i wanna tell my friend in China to buy it for me, but i need to know the price first. Thanks.

i wanna ask, how much the price of this magazine in Yuan? cause i wanna tell my friend in China to buy it for me, but i need to know the price first. Thanks.

20 Yuan in China.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->