Vogue China August 2020 : Natalia Vodianova by Estelle Hanania

Photographer is Estelle Hanania and styling by Daniela Paudice. The Bar Jacket is an archive piece from 1947..

it looks SOOOOOOO fan made !!! Is this real? Look at the font, the quality of the image and so on... And Natalia??? I find her sooooo boring these days and the 1950's look for 2020? Right: groundbreaking LOL... I guess it's still better than a f*** blank image from Vogue Italia or countryside landscapes from British Vogue or a rose from US Vogue... WTF is going on with magazine editors??????? Do they know what business they are in? It's ridiculous at this point. Covid has nothing to do with creativity and talent and if it's not these editions then you have the top tiers Vogue editions producing supposedly thought provoking images that do not belong on Vogue. Vogue Paris is the only edition still in the game but I am through with jeans and 80's vibes, Alt should have been replaced eons ago anyways. NEXT !

That's an actual vintage bar jacket? They had one of the most important and original looks in the history of fashion and Dior is very selective about who they loan it to, and that's what they've done with it? So much of the look relies on the silhouette, the material and colours, and the proportions, all virtually nonexistent here.

Cover as a whole looks poorly retouched.

the light, the expression, the whole picture look like strange。the july issue, vogue China gives us something special and something new, but this month, everything is back to the old vc. lol:brows:

Very matronly. What the hell?

It literally looks like the work of your mediocre high school photographer who wants to work in fashion and starts building a portfolio cheaply recreating classic photos with a friend who everyone says will be a model. I can't believe an original Dior bar jacket was loaned for this, lord.

I just think that the grey ruined it, otherwise the image is not that bad.

Sure, it's slightly boring but it's better than sharpies and landscapes! I like it.

Shady! LOL.

It should have been a Chinese model or actress, just to flex a little. Natalia is not a Dior woman at all imo.

And I wonder how hard Dior tried to get Angelababy on this cover. She is after all the spokesperson for the brand in China.

And I wonder how hard Dior tried to get Angelababy on this cover. She is after all the spokesperson for the brand in China.
Some rumor said that the August issue cover should be Angelababy, however the editor change the idea last minute.

It's not that bad but it could definitely be improved, maybe they could have zoomed in a bit closer because there's too much negative space. On another note, I've never really seen the hype with Natalia, a different model could have also worked a lot better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->