Vogue China December 2013 : Shu Qi by Mario Testino

WOW that's a very striking shot!
This got to be Testino's best work in months, this is such a powerful image, LOVE IT! :flower:

Replace her with Gong Li and it'd be the best VC cover ever.

Actually I'm looking forward to seeing the long editorial shot especially for this issue (it's Vogue China's 100th issue). I can only hope some horrible photoshop disasters won't happen. :doh:

OMG...what a horrible cover,it looks so fake and unnatural....this is what they got with Mario Testino for their 100th issue? such a disaster and disappointment

^ overreact, maybe?

I like the classic art direction of this, reminiscent of that Vogue UK Jean Patchett by Irving Penn cover. The simplicity of the styling and the lack of text also contribute. Shu Qi could have worked her facial expression better, closing her mouth may help. Can't wait to see how Chinese beauty and culture is reflected through Mario Testino's fashion eyes.

She is a good actress but without a doubt she's a weak pick to me for VC's 100th issue,they could have done much better with Mario Testino and Anastasia Barbieri.

Preview
Savage Grace: Liu Wen
Portrait of a Lady: Sui He
The Winter Queen: Xiao Wen & Christopher Goh
A Band Apart: Xiao Wen, Xiaotian Tang, Tian Yi & River Huang
The Grand Masters: Tian Yi
6e47adc4gw1eab0tqhy2xj20t01n5nfn.jpg

weibo/vsfs

WOOOW look so fantastic, great cover!!

Whilst the editorials look good, the cover is just simply destroyed by PS...and Shu? uhmmmmm...

Isn't this a rip off or at the very least "inspired" by a famous Irving Penn cover?

Not a good cover but the editorials look promising!

I think it's the background that makes it look so fake.

The background is Gold in the magazine

My dreams were crashed when I noticed it was Shu :cry:, it's still a great cover but I really wanted to see Shu to have a solo cover, maybe one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coutureitgirlxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->