Vogue China December 2021 : Karen, Suzi, Tianna & Tindi by Lei Wei Swee

So lovely to see Karen! But I absolutely hate their faces are barley discernible as if they were shot separately and photoshopped together.
Also it kinda reminds me of Vogue Polska’s November covers...

This could be much better, but nonetheless still lovely.

I wonder what Kering had to pay to have Balenciaga HC in every end-of-year cover...one would think there wasn't any other show, poor Pierpaolo should be happy they only show annually!

The group cover is a let down but the individual covers are quite strong, each with a unique vibe. Tindi's is of course my favorite, with that stare she's going places!

I love how different it is from what is expected especially the group shot. Not so sure of the tag at the bottom though

Wow! Those individual covers! It’s so good to see Tindi everywhere too, yet I’ll never get sick of her. Vogue Paris, Mexico and now China all the space of a couple of months? Wow!

My eyes rolled so far back when reading the instagram caption, they almost got stuck on the back of my head.

"The grand ideological reflections on the lives and careers of the people and projects we respect and admire." get the fcuk out of here.

What a surprise to see Suzi de Givenchy!:heart:

PREVIEW
Photography:
Lee Wei Swee
Styling: Rogelio F. Burgos
Hair: Chiao Chenet
Make-up: Fanny Maurer
Models: Karen Elson, Suzi de Givenchy, Tianna St. Louis, Tindi Mar, Precious Kevin, Lisa Lu, & others

001OXMtPgy1gw7o5t5pdsg60dc0hshe602.gif

weibo

So. Much. Drama. And I’m here for it!

I’m absolutely in love!! Vogue China hasn’t missed… Wow!

Tindi and Karen are all I needed here! This is quite nice.

Though I love the editorial, I think only Tianna’s cover really works well as a cover.

Gladly admitting that Maggie's is creatively ambitious. And I’m also glad to have been (somewhat) wrong about her leading VC. However, all her creative input are on the half-baked side: Good concepts— just not successfully executed. She clearly wears her references on her sleeve; from The Face and Italian Vogue, to this very much inspired by Avedon’s 1960s American Vogue. But it’s all student-level in execution unfortunately, down to the terrible lighting in some shots— like the cover select.

Demna’s Balenciaga HC is so fitting for a story that faintly suggests the last days of the Qing Dynasty. The minimalist volume and simplistic, modest lines really stand out against the cluttered richness of the setting. The results are just not that strong. And there’s something so annoying about the lighting that just turns the dark silhouettes into clumps of shapes, rather than accentuate the sparse fashions against such a richly detailed setting. Shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->