Vogue China July 2021 : Indira Scott by Steven Pan

I guess that explains it. Very happy for her, though.

Pinch me because honestly I was beginning to wonder if it would be possible to reach certain heights in my career without straight hair
I swear, these girls have no idea what modeling is about. First Halima and now her. Of course, she had to add a sad story, so we all know how racist this industry is. Get those victim points, I guess.

This is just about as uneventful as it gets, and such a cover will almost definitely go forgotten within the next few months. I do like the Versace blazer teamed with the gold necklace but that orange eye makeup and Indira's total lack of energy and presence fails to do this cover justice.

Vogue China July 2021

Make A Statement

Photography: Steven Pan
Styling: Célia Azoulay
Hair: Braydon Nelson
Makeup: Violette
Model: Indira Scott

Vogue China Digital Edition

Vogue China July 2021

Best In Layers

Photography: Hans Neumann
Styling: Daniela Paudice
Hair: Jenny Kim
Makeup: Benjamin Puckey
Model: Fernanda Ly

Vogue China July 2021

Yung

Photography: Xiaowei Xu
Styling: Michelle Zhao
Hair: Issac Yu
Makeup: Angus Lee
Cast: Miriam Yeung

Vogue China July 2021

Why Not?

Photography: Nan Jiang
Styling: Charlie Chin
Cast: Zhang Binbin

Vogue China July 2021

Upcoming Ingredients

Photography: Dan Beleiu
Styling: Alba Melendo
Hair: Karim Belghiran
Makeup: Tom Pecheux
Model: Estelle Chen

This is the first issue under Margaret? Who’s sign the Editors letter?

This issue is literally :question:with the casting to the final product

I swear, these girls have no idea what modeling is about. First Halima and now her. Of course, she had to add a sad story, so we all know how racist this industry is. Get those victim points, I guess.

LOL This era of models are so insufferable with their conditioned, sanctimonious victimhood scoreboards. My god-- what exactly is so “diverse” about her looks…??? She’s a rather conventionally pretty young woman. Stacey, Grace Jones, Debra Shaw, Alek, Bethann, Adwoa, Anok, Roshumba— I can go on and on about “unconventional" looking famous Black models... even Naomi is way way way more unconventional in her looks than Indira. And all these Black women have made it without having “straight” hair… (and as if anyone would dare turn her away for her braids in 2021). Sheesh, the shadiness of these kidz’ and their revisionist history of how hard and brave/strong/courageous they are fighting the big bad racist/misogynist/bigoted/homophobic etc etc fashion industry when the truth is they’ve had it quite plush when the slightest signs of manufactured drama is quickly aired on SM for their pity party to guilt the gullible to making them even more popular-- thus commercially more in demand. Still remember when Adut went on her high horse about the mean racist people at some Australian tabloid rag for mistakingly printing a pic of another Black model for her. … Or Mona going on about Armani’s SM getting her name wrong… If that’s racism, then these children need to get out more-- or just leave their safe space for the real world. Think they’ve mistaken racism for a slight bruise on their overinflated egos and delusional self-importance.

Rant aside, utterly forgettable issue. Nothing worth even a second glance. Why would anyone pay for such non-content when the children can get the same— even better actually, on their collective SM galleries for free? And Vogues are now for children, cuz what adult would tolerate in such juvenile (non-)creativity…? Burn Vogue, burn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->