Vogue China June 2020 : Billie Eilish by Nick Knight

Now that the edit is unveiled it actually looks more like Vogue Australia....US Vogue....Jalouse....US Elle. Lighting, setting, styling. And it just furthers what I've heard from a source that Billie's team sent a list of items /styles that she wouldn't be photographed in which is all fair and well. It's agency. But then her team also had the audacity to ask that Nick complete the shoot within 2-3 hours!?! In which reality do you lay such demands on Nick Knight of all people? This is why fashion is better off partnering with celebrities like Nicole Kidman who will go above and beyond for a simple shoot because she understands and respect how much work is involved.

I don't dislike Billie's music, but this is so meh. Disappointing.

first of all yes its her 'thing' and no need to and say your fed up of seeing her everywhere theres no need to say that. this woman is incredible okay she has made a successful career for herself not only is she talented but she is beautiful. its fine if you dont like her but dont comment stuff thats not positive because she is only a human being and has feeling but if you was to comment something negative add some positivity to it aswell not alwyas come from one side,as humans we should uplift and not alwyas be negative its good to make people feel better about themselves because thats a loving thing to do . but everyone is entitled to their own opinion but some opinios should be kept to themselves.
I'm also very sorry if i offended anyone but yes I am a Stan of billie and I just wanted to show my love for her but I truly don't want to cause any trouble

The stan joined TfS TODAY to just defend the cover in all-bold? Why not just make a thread on Twitter how disliking a Billie Eilish Vogue cover is misogynistic or something? Anyway: I dont seem to hate the cover as much as others. Its very Billie and I dont expect anything other than self-promotion from a celebrity cover.
im really sorry if my message came off in the wrong way.

I'm also very sorry if i offended anyone but yes I am a Stan of billie and I just wanted to show my love for her but I truly don't want to cause any trouble
I am sure no one got offended and I hope you don't feel offended either. Try not to take it seriously - this is simply the Internet, and a lot of people can say mean, superficial and hurtful things about us or people we care about. Not that it doesn't matter but it shouldn't get to you (or if it does, feel free to speak about it). I am sure Billie herself has developed a similar mindset for coping with negative comments, so you can try considering it well. :flower::smile:

I am sure no one got offended and I hope you don't feel offended either. Try not to take it seriously - this is simply the Internet, and a lot of people can say mean, superficial and hurtful things about us or people we care about. Not that it doesn't matter but it shouldn't get to you (or if it does, feel free to speak about it). I am sure Billie herself has developed a similar mindset for coping with negative comments, so you can try considering it well. :flower::smile:
thank you and I understand ignore me haha I just get very sensitive to stuff like this but I will be sure to have more of an open mind about things :smile::heart:its just I hate negativity I like to see the positive side of things I really didn't mean to cause any trouble and I hope things go well during this quarantine for everyone

Since the fashion industry gave “B” the permission to do this, all successful artists want to control everything they do with fashion magazines.

Seriously. I’ve been a fan of Beyoncè for ages but I have to admit that this is quite a negative effect on the whole industry that nearly single-handedly originated from her and her team.

The peak of the epidemic in China was in February. And the March issue did address it if I’m not mistaken. It had the cover line “Standing Strong”.
Yes, but every country is having serious issues because the virus while they're acting (magazine and media) like "nothing happened here".

Yes, but every country is having serious issues because the virus while they're acting (magazine and media) like "nothing happened here".

But do we really need any more supportive messages about strength from celebrity selfies? I personally can't stomach any more of that nonsense so I'm glad that some magazines seem to be moving on from that whole narrative. It's refreshing and greatly appreciated (as was the recognition of the pandemic in previous issues).

Oh come on, really? China was having serious issues as well and Vogue China has addressed it. The peak of the crisis is already in the past for them. Almost three months now. Is it that hard to understand that China is ahead of the rest of the world? They are looking to the future and moving on. It’s as simple as that.

Sorry, but I live in Latin America. It's not the same when it hits a rich country than a poor one. I'm happy that they're better now than march. But don't compare China with Latin America or Africa.

And second, yes, I find weak all the special issues of these magazines during the pandemic. Selfies at home is not the best you can offer to the readers. That's insensitive too. Not everybody has the same priviledge at their homes.

Last edited:
Sorry, but I live in Latin America. It's not the same when it hits a rich country than a poor one. I'm happy that they're better now than march. But don't compare China with Latin America or Africa.

Times are hard. There’s no denying that. But no one here is comparing China with Latin America. That’s not even a point of discussion, so I don’t get why it’s brought up now. People are just trying to point out that the comment about Vogue China being insensitive to the whole situation is just not true. It’s as simple as that.

Sorry but I read "China is ahead of the rest of the world". And Starry gave us the best explenation because lives there, and now I know that is not a party as we see in media.

Sorry but I read "China is ahead of the rest of the world".
Yes, when it comes to the way the epidemic is developing.

Wasn’t trying to say anything about wealth.

honestly, even if they attempted to show solidarity, it would likely clash with their government's current agenda. Vogue is an international publication, it's just fashion but it's still subjected to the same regulations set up for the media ('don't talk about it, everything's going great, we're the helpers now, no need to talk about what went wrong', etc).

While I acknowledge that not continuing on that line of 'optimism' in consideration to nearly all of their sister publications is a bit.. odd, since it's a small diplomatic gesture that requires so little and does not have to set the tone for the actual content.. I personally prefer the escapism provided. It's like we're back in January and the Grammys are coming so this cover choice makes sense.

Last edited:
thank you and I understand ignore me haha I just get very sensitive to stuff like this but I will be sure to have more of an open mind about things :smile::heart:its just I hate negativity I like to see the positive side of things I really didn't mean to cause any trouble and I hope things go well during this quarantine for everyone

The longer you're on this site the more diverse opinions you'll come across, some with a heavy doses of sarcasm. Hopefully you'll find some humor in those in the future.
And Srdjan is right, doubtful anyone will be offended. And my apologies to you if any of us offended you!
Stick with your opinions. Your input is welcomed here.
And, Welcome to TFS! :flower:

Were western mags doing something with their content regarding covid when China was at its peak? I don´t think so...
Now that it hit the rest of the world, I don´t mind that they´re moving on, their lifes are moving on and media reflects that. Actually, I welcome it. How many more "at home" editorial content do we need?

So long the pandemic is still here None NONE are allowed for any sort of entertainment? Why don’t you just get off the internet and pray or whatever 24/7 until the pandemic is over? Also the solidarity theme has been addressed with Chris Lee’s cover.

Last edited by a moderator:
So long the pandemic is still here None NONE are allowed for any sort of entertainment? Why don’t you just get off the internet and pray or whatever 24/7 until the pandemic is over? Also the solidarity theme has been addressed with Chris Lee’s cover. Check your xenophobia first.

I understood his post to mean that Vogue China hasn't dealt with the pandemic explicitly. And he's right, even in their March issue the overall message seemed very muted.
We haven't seen a similar exercise in Vogue Russia and Japan either, but considering their schedule I imagine that is yet to come.
Some of us prefer the 'business as usual' approach, others like Ivano who are from a region where we've seen the most heart-rending scenes would probably want Vogue to reflect the times, and a few of us would like a bit of both.

I'm pretty sure Vogue China's content will be adjusted in possibly the next few issues because the Western talent wouldn't have been able to shoot due to lockdown.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apriloneil1987
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->