Vogue China March 2010: Du, Lily, Anna, Constance, Karlie, Liu by P. Demarchelier

Eek.. so much dullness, couldn't they use the inside page as the cover?, it's much more enthusiastic.

It's looks like the US Vogue May 2009 cover with the models. But instead of nine, there's six and instead of having African American models, they have Asian models. It's kinna bland.

yeah, that was my first thought, I tlooks like the US Vogue Supermodels issue.
But this time with Karlie , which I loooove ^_^

OH MY GOD!
Du Juan, Lily Donaldson, Anna Maria J, Constance Jablonski, Karlie Kloss and Liu Wen! + Jessica
What a great thing to begin my day, THANKS TARSHA!

I like the idea behind the cover (top models!) but would a little colour and expression have been too much to ask for?

Too much photoshopping...

This reminds me of all the editorials you get in Korean fashion mags with stories from 6-months-ago-Italian Vogue redone on a shoe string budget. Horrific butchering of concept and disgustingly unoriginal. It's one thing to be inspired by another magazine, and another to do a total soulless copy. Anna J is even used in the same spot in both covers! For a magazine about fashion and art presenting this to readers is embarrassing!

The only thing that makes me smile (in a black-humour sense) is that on Vogue China it's the Chinese girls who are the minority group. Can you imagine US Vogue with 4 Chinese girls and 2 blondes? I think in 50 years we will look back on these covers as very weird.

Vogue China March 2010
b397d6ac16e0.jpg

t.sina.com.cn via kasper! (cropped and resized by me)

US Vogue May 2009 by Meisel
2j0hy05.jpg

scan by Luxx (3rd page cropped, and resized for comparison)

Last edited by a moderator:
I love it, I think it's much better than US Vogue's. Stam's supplement is lovely too.

OMG! :shock: I love it! Very US VOGUE May 2009. Love that they mixed Asian models and American Models! :wub: The colors are dull but still love it! Imagine the ed of these girls :wub:

But it's badly photoshopped. You can see that it's cropped then combined

The only thing that makes me smile (in a black-humour sense) is that on Vogue China it's the Chinese girls who are the minority group. Can you imagine US Vogue with 4 Chinese girls and 2 blondes? I think in 50 years we will look back on these covers as very weird.

I don't take it like that.
I took it like:
on the right side, the last generation Best Top models, and on the left the new generation of models... i guess that's not about Chinese models but more like new generation?!

^I see it like that too.
I really think it's so much fresher and cleaner than the US Vogue, and the spacing of the girls is infinitely better.

They could have done a much better job...but its still pretty

Even Anna's position (third from left) is similar. :lol: really an echo of Vogue US May 2009. I still sort of like it though. It's very timeless, though not innovative at all.

I love it- even though it might be a deliberate copy of US Vogue, Meisel's cover is kind of bland in comparison. And the girls dont look like they are cramped inside a full elavator :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"