Vogue China March 2021 : He Cong by Liu Song

Yep, it's her first OG and way overdue. Happy for her, but wow. Can it look more depressing? This is supposed to be the March cover? What China is putting forward as their 'creativity' cover? Editorial outtake at best.

They better get a new EIC pretty bloody quickly because Anna is not doing this magazine any favours. Angelica must be cackling wherever she is.

Photographer: Liu Song
Stylist: Yuhang Yao
Model: He Cong
Hair: Issac Yu
Makeup: Valentina Li

weibo.com/voguechina

It would’ve been nice it looked like she had actual fun ‘playing’ in the ed.

Yass, let the local team do the job. It won't disappoint !

I actually really quite like this. The ed is great and it's so cute with all the colours. I'm very happy for He because this cover was long overdue.

isn't it funny when you consider how much prada must have spent to make this collection happen? it looks like merch. anyhow, i really like this but i agree that it doesn't have playful energy at all.

Prada-galore as expected.. so sick of seeing this collection already and expect to see it on the remaining Feb/March covers to come too... At least the cover image isn't that god-awful yellow wrap!

As for the editorial the basic studio shots with one/no props are the most exciting to me. Love the one of her wrapped in the balloons & the yellow foam .. overall boring editorial for sure which is a shame because He is capable of so much more!

Definitely agree with everybody here that it lacks energy it feels like its meant to have, but otherwise it passed. It feels like Anna doesn't have her handprints on this one.

Honestly I feel like the ed is more like Bazaar or Elle China than Vogue China

The styling (despite being all Prada) and set are very fun but the He Cong’s presence can’t be any duller. The shots with the mustard wrap is the strongest imo.

unpopular opinion: I get why He Cong should be on cover But Ju xiaowen or Pan haowen will do a wonder here with the same set up.

in general its nice cover and ed

Looks like a vintage Tim Walker’s set. Not bad but I’m not really excited to see it either.

So true! Also reminds me a lot of Craig McDean studio shoots circa 2005-2008. Especially that Natalia editorial with the pink wig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"