Vogue China September 2020 : Ziyi Zhang by Elizaveta Porodina

When Vogue China meets Nylon USA circa 2017. The white typeface devours the image.

So they decided to substitute the subject's head for the "O" in the masthead
gRouNdBreAkIng

The awfulness of Natalia's August cover is still fresh in my mind, so I don't mind this. Her silhouette could be more defined, but I can appreciate that they've tried to stay on-brand with Ziyi Zhang who is maybe the most steadfast ambassador for China domestically and abroad. For some time it seemed Fan Bingbing would replace her but we all saw how that played out.

We are essentially living through war times and Vogue China is giving their most important issue of the year to a Chinese icon, dressed in white but dripping in jewels, and embracing a black designer with a prominent coverline. Talk about subliminal, lol.

We are essentially living through war times and Vogue China is giving their most important issue of the year to a Chinese icon, dressed in white but dripping in jewels, and embracing a black designer with a prominent coverline. Talk about subliminal, lol.

:lol:

I’m gonna need a minute.

Does she know one photographer or something? Or are all the photographer in China aren’t available?
Honestly her Vogue has been so stile and lifeless for so long.
Vogue China needs a big shake in the head.

I like it! I think the cover match the « Hope » theme..

I like it but it seems like it’s going to be their one trick pony...

For a year or more it seems like Angelica got the memo from the Communist Party:Make it look like those Vintage Communist Posters.
Every cover feels really old like it’s from 1950.

This earth mother vibe is quite appropriate for an issue about hope, but considering it’s also Vogue China’s 15th anniversary issue, the cover turned out being a bit lackluster. Well I just want a celebratory cover.

Beautiful photograph, although it doesn't do anything for me. It looks more like a still from an old movie. Like she's the glamorous singer inside of a smokey nightclub. Great shot, wrong use.

Love Porodina's work for Vogue China, I think the cover is quite lovely although I do feel like it's a bit of a non-event for September (especially if it's the anniversary issue). But I won't complain. God knows the pickings are slim these days...

I don't mind this. It's at least a step up from some of the atrocities that other magazines are producing.

Oh my, only one shot where shes laying down facing the cover is good

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->