Vogue China September 2020 : Ziyi Zhang by Elizaveta Porodina

The editorial is like a first-time photo student learning about all the different Photoshop settings they can use to create ~artsy~ images. Otherwise, the cover is nice... but also can't tell if it's because everything else out right now is so horrible.

i was curious if there are behind the scenes videos or photos of this. I have seen the ones posted on vogue china instagram.. but are there more somehwerer?

i was curious if there are behind the scenes videos or photos of this. I have seen the ones posted on vogue china instagram.. but are there more somehwerer?

I used to enjoy those BTS videos a lot of magazines used to do to promote covers. That was during mid 00s, right before social media really blew up. Pity everyone just sort of ditched it altogether.

Photographer: Ziqian Wang
Stylist: Charlie Chin
Celebrity: Xin Wu

weibo.com/voguechina

The 6th BTS shot of the cover editorial, stunning! Such a classic Ziyi Zhang pose, and great image overall.

The Zhang Ziyi and Xin Wu editorials are both really good. :flower:

BTS by Xiaohan Yuan

weibo.com/voguechina

Celebrity: Yingying Lan

BTS by Xiaohan Yuan

weibo.com/voguechina

Celebrity: Gina Jin

BTS by Xiaohan Yuan

weibo.com/voguechina

I can't believe they turned Xin Wu to someone so classical and elegant, now we are talking Angelica!!!

To some of you who may never heard of her before, she was a in-studio entertaining show's host, a totally irrelevant and embarrassing existence for many years cause of her lack of personality and style. I mean She barely even had a decent line during the show in front of other hosts and guests.
She is in spot light now cause another popular talent show, and never in my dream she is capable of producing such iconic moment!

Well done Vogue! This is how you do it!

276P

Keep Going – 10P
Creative Director: Alex Slavycz
Photographer: Elizaveta Porodina
Stylist: Yuhang Yao
Celebrity: Ziyi Zhang
Hair: Xuemeng Liu
Makeup: Yi Tang
Manicure: Lihui Song
Art: Feifei Li

Shine Like A Diamond – 21P
Celebrities: Xin Wu, Yingying Lan, Ling Huang, Gina Jin & Feifei Wang
Hair: Peng Gao for Wu, Jin, Huang & Wang; Wenlie for Lan
Makeup: Hui Chen for Wu; Yingzi for Lan; Jiqun Li for Jin, Huang & Wang

Just Like A Boy – 14P
Photographer: Greg Harris
Stylist: Daniela Paudice
Model: Valerie Scherzinger
Hair: Adlena Dignam
Makeup: Benjamin Puckey

Inter Fantasy – 12P
Photographer: Nadine Ijewere
Stylist: Nathan Klein
Model: Taira
Hair: Shiori Takahashi
Makeup: Celia Burton

Tribute to Classics – 4P
Photographer: Willy Vanderperre
Models: Estelle Chen, Deirdre Firinne & Ilona Desmet
Hair: Chiao Chenet
Makeup: Peter Philips
Manicure: Anatole Rainey

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited:
Wow, Nadine in Vogue China! Keen to see what that will look like.
The man responsible for turning Prada into a snoozefest, not so much.

^^^ VC has sadly become the equivalent of an endless display of tepid watercolours of floral arrangements that all look the same, accompanied by muzak on a loop: 276 pages of such blandness is more than enough.

(Every single shot looks like a test shot/rejected select. …Zzzzzzz… Does it even matter that it’s a Sept issue..????)

^^^ VC has sadly become the equivalent of an endless display of tepid watercolours of floral arrangements that all look the same, accompanied by muzak on a loop: 276 pages of such blandness is more than enough.

(Every single shot looks like a test shot/rejected select. …Zzzzzzz… Does it even matter that it’s a Sept issue..????)

These are not the main editorials though. They haven't been posted yet.

I don't want to sound like a broken record but all of these shoots have been shots at the height of the Covid infection rates WW, in very very challenging conditions.
Reduced people on set, limitation to locations, last minute decision making ( the theme of the season) and budgets that have dropped 50% compared to last season.

It's a miracle that we have magazines in September.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->