Vogue Czechoslovakia June 2019 : Pamela Anderson by Dan Beleiu

Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez will not be amused. :rofl:

I was hoping it wouldn't be too edgy much like their usual covers, and then it ended up maybe a bit too Playmate-ish. Fresh casting, I suppose.

I still don't think there's any use for this many covers but damn Pamela looks gorgeous in this Brigitte Bardot-esque styling and setting. The first one is very classic Vogue, makes me long for hot summers (it has been raining for the second week over here, I'm dying).

Well, I suppose she's more photogenic than Assange. It looks like something from a 1960s espionage film, made in Europe with subtitles and with considerably less budget than Bond.

The timing works on two levels - firstly it totally pays tribute to Pamela as the Bardot-esque icon of the beach/sea, which we saw last year when she was on the frow for Chanel SS19. Secondly, her high profile connection to Assange gives it a level of relevance and makes it a masterstroke in being topical. Overall, a big win for Vogue Czech.

I like it, it's campy and campy works right now because of the MET gala.

Fabulous and more appealing than HB with Aniston...

Another title making it obvious with the English text on the cover that their target is the admiration of the fashion community in large, not what the local population wants and needs. Tragic!
The covers are nice though.

Another title making it obvious with the English text on the cover that their target is the admiration of the fashion community in large, not what the local population wants and needs. Tragic!
That's literally almost every publication.

Honestly didn't know what to expect when I saw the title but I actually really like this. All three covers are solid and the vintage styling is so good. A little bit cheeky and fun.

This is unexpected and stunning! The second cover is the best by far

Lol so ridiculous, it's not even funny. If you needed further proof that being on the cover of Vogue, any Vogue, means NOTHING anymore, here it is!

If (any edition of) Vogue targeted "what the local population wants and needs," it would be even more irrelevant than it already is. The whole point of Vogue is to create the illusion of being able to partake in a global fashion world, an haute bourgeoisie that 95% of the readers don't know and will never know from personal experience. I'm sure the local population doesn't need an Hermès bag or Balenciaga coat either, so what now? A Vogue full of relatable Czech fashion for relatable prices that the local population would want to buy without thinking twice would defy the DNA of Vogue (or what is left thereof); that's what Grazia is for.

Love the first two covers, never thought a Pamela Anderson cover could feel so fresh.

She's such a random choice for a Vogue cover anywhere, but these are beautiful, especially the second one.

If anyone is curious, Pamela was also shot previously for Vogue Brazil by Testino in 2013 and graced the cover of Vogue Homme International back in the day by David LaChapelle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->