Vogue Czechoslovakia March 2019 : Karen Elson by Michal Pudelka

Someone should just put an end to this magazine.

Trust me, it may be closer than you'd expect. I spoke to some people who had left the magazine and they said they weren't getting paid and that the owner was trying to sell the license. The rumor has it a deal with another publishing house has already been made, so we'll see.

Anyway, the current publisher had the need to release this statement, so go figure.

The people running this edition must be off their rocker. Eating jelly and hardboiled eggs with scissors!?! Trying so hard to be edgy.

What I don't get is why they are trying to push this edition as a global title, but use very local imagery. I get the reference since I love the 1970 Czech movie that served as the reference here, but not even many Czechs know about it...

According to their instagram, there are three other covers.

Call me crazy, but I really like it.
And after I got the last issue with Eva Herzigova on the cover, I'm considering subscription. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to get Vogue Chechoslovakia in Poland.

Completely directionless, going from those gorgeous covers of Eva to this.

To be honest this is an eye-catching cover but its vibe is totally a senior student’s project.

I love to see this style back to Vogue Czechoslovakia, I like it better than the cheap and tacky glamour portrayed by Eva Herzigova. However, I don't like Karen Elson, she looks like Grace Coddington but boring.

Obscure film references are fine, but that apparently pointless sideways cover is pushing my tolerance for these 'arty' covers.

Unless the film is about cats in space. Cat hoarding in anti-gravity conditions.

one cover would've been enough. love the reference, not so much the execution.

Karen's cover with the scissors looks better in real life. I'm even intrigued to watch the movie it's referenced on as I've never heard about it before. There are some nice shots in her editorial but overall I'm not impressed with the issue. I don't understand the need for four covers. The one where she's wearing the feather necklace (or whatever that is) would have been enough. I also don't understand why the text on the cover is in english.
Editorials inside:
Katlin Aas by Marek Micanek, Kinga Rajzak by Adrian Mesko and Karen by Pudelka.

Michal Pudelka - Photographer
Jan Králíček - Fashion Editor/Stylist
Mirka Mysicka - Hair Stylist
Bea Sweet - Makeup Artist

models.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back