Vogue Czechoslovakia March 2021 by Marcin Kempski & Magda Wunsche & Aga Samsel

HFBvrg

Reaction score
Vogue Czechoslovakia:
It is big and heavy. Anja Rubik is a sex education activist in a very controversial country. In 2017, she founded a foundation for sexual awareness and she fights for women's rights not only in her native Poland. She does not mind the number of critics or admirers; what she does is necessary and inevitable to her. She is convinced that there is good in each of us, but we must learn to listen to each other. The video of Dagestan-born artist Taus Makhacheva, which was the inspiration for our cover story, fascinated her not only with its symbolism, but also with its topicality. Obstacles are here to strengthen us, to push our boundaries and broaden horizons, and for us to find solutions and remove them. For ourselves and for others. For the March issue of Vogue CS, the model, who appeared on several dozen Vogue covers of various editions, was photographed by her compatriot Marcin Kempski.

A wasted opportunity. Potential ruined by lack of creativity.

And the styling? Was this approved by Alt?

Oh the burden of producing a good cover.

It’s an interesting concept, but this is not really working for me.

Last edited:
I'm always here for Anja but I don't really like this either. The styling is a bit weird to me, maybe her pose makes the outfit look unflattering. All in all it's to much of a gimmick for my taste.

Model by day, Laundromat attendant by night.

GettyImages-179584562-16facbf11cf647338468f79e005edc48.jpg

the spruce

Execution doesnt work, also the color of the text in the layout clashes with the cover photo. Shame its a flop, I love Anja, perhaps they should have just did what Vogue Poland did and let Anja handle all of it.

Why'd they make the rock so big? It occupies more than half the cover, you can barely see Anja! Wasted opportunity, unfortunately.

On the third image is a short backstage video...

Looking forward to seeing more! I hope there will be a way to get this in London - many places normally stock Vogue CZ but I didnt see the Jan/Feb issue anywhere - not even Conde Nast Worldwide News.

I didn't even realize that was suppose to be a rock until reading the comments lol. The whole thing looks so awkward. Styling is particularly bad. And I would've expected better posing from someone with Anja's experience.

Cover #2 with Michèle Lamy by Marcin Kempski:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"