Vogue Czechoslovakia May 2019 : Gigi Hadid by Helena Christensen

Love the first two covers. Very appealing
The 3rd cover should not exist. Who would buy this one ?

This must be Gigi's best cover... I think it is one of the cases when the photographer really understands the model and sees where her strength lies... Also a very strong case for women photographers. They see women's beauty the way men can't!

The first cover was all that was needed, really. It's a fantastic and beautiful cover. The only quibble I have is probably with the font for 'nature' and how spread out each letter is.

The first cover is an absolute mess.

The logo got lost with all the flowers and the hair. Even if that’s foiled, IMO, that’s terrible marketing/branding.

The art direction is subpar. “Nature” got lost and is a pain to read. It would have been better if it were just the word “Nature” written on the right side of the cover.

The second cover is uneventful. Being outdoors doesn’t mean “nature”.

The third cover. Utterly irrelevant.

Also, what’s up with the cheap broken glass? Didn’t they know that “sepia” existed?

Such boring covers, my god, just when you think she couldn't be more overexposed here she is again, clinging to flowers, and other gimmicks to try and show some LIFE! Yet nothing of note here!

Helena would have been such a better choice, sigh!

Haaaaaaate!

God, these are really terrible. It may have worked better for a campaign because the masthead and text are simply too much. Helena should stick to modelling. The design elements are way overdone and try-hard.

I do still think her best work is Nylon's debut cover with Liv Tyler!

I don't understand the art direction of these covers. As single shots I like the pictures but considering the whole thing (masthead, font and all) they aren't convincing.

Oh how I miss the era when photographers are real photographers... nowadays everyone just slap their name on which ever role they want.

I'm actually somewhat impressed. I only really like the first cover, even if it is kind of generic, I'm just a sucker for the beautiful flowers. The minimal text is nice as well.

no x 3.
The tagline is 'nature' so the first cover is the most fitting without the best execution.
The second and third cover don't work at all.

Love the first cover, like the second cover, loathe the third cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->