Vogue Czechoslovakia October 2020 : Dara Rolins by Lucian Bor & Lineisy Montero by Nagi Sakai

The first one is fabulous.

the second is flat, but what do you expect? A cover is just as good as its subject :smile:

Strongly agree that the first one is beautiful and the JPG archive piece is to die for.

I´m looking forward to all these archive pieces, hopefully with a model I like wearing them :smile:

I like the layout. First cover is stunning, but there's something undone about the styling on Linesiy's cover.
One of the few times this edition managed to impress me.

the first cover is great but the second one... what’s the point of releasing two different covers with absolutely no connection? just the first one would’ve been suffice.

I will never get Lineisy’s ‘appeal’...

Its going to be a busy time for CNWWN after I buy all these October issues next month.

Love both of them! The first one is all about opulence and sensuality. The second one is minimal and so 90s: they reflect the style of both designers. Also I really appreciate the use of archives.
The October issues are all good so far

Yes to the Gaultier cover! Looking forward to the archive story.

I’ll always adore Lineisy: Such a face. She puts in the same effort as Binx— just unfortunately for her, but fortunately for Binx, who gets the strong styling and strong sets to compensate for and elevate her just standing there, while poor Lineisy gets heinous styling and a white seamless for doing the same…

Stunning covers, the kind of work the likes of Vogue Germany/NL/etc should be delivering.

the first one is truly alluring. what makes it even more captivating is the model's posing and look. great job vogue cs!

..... while poor Lineisy gets heinous styling and a white seamless for doing the same…

LOL, making allowances? It has always been my contention - that she needs strong styling and set design to look good. Is she a celebrity? The styling isn't terrible. Look at her expression, look at her arms, her neck, someone like Ysaunny or Ashley Radjarame would've taken charge of this shoot. Especially when the photographer is this weak. But we get it. They're not 'girls du jour' enough to book these covers.

^^^ I don’t know the two girls you’re referencing, therefore I won’t comment on them. Lineisy isn’t a good model— she doesn’t put in the effort nor seem to care to evolve. I’ve always got the impression that if her career ends tomorrow, she really couldn’t care less. And yet, what a face. Put her in the Gaultier piece, maybe give her cornrows, and direct her to pose with the authoritative sharpness (and do something about her hands for crying out loud…) with the proper lighting and call it a day— and a cover. Instead, she looks like she’s already on the floor, with not a sign of lighting on her when they snapped that pic on their iPhone…and still what a face: That’s the power of such a face.

(Whoever you are Nagi— you’re a horrendously inept “photographer”:sigh:...)

^^^ I don’t know the two girls you’re referencing, therefore I won’t comment on them. Lineisy isn’t a good model— she doesn’t put in the effort nor seem to care to evolve. I’ve always got the impression that if her career ends tomorrow, she really couldn’t care less. And yet, what a face. Put her in the Gaultier piece, maybe give her cornrows, and direct her to pose with the authoritative sharpness (and do something about her hands for crying out loud…) with the proper lighting and call it a day— and a cover. Instead, she looks like she’s already on the floor, with not a sign of lighting on her when they snapped that pic on their iPhone…and still what a face: That’s the power of such a face.

(Whoever you are Nagi— you’re a horrendously inept “photographer”:sigh:...)

Ysaunny is a Balmain muse and actually came ahead of the Dominican model wave, even if Lineisy is billed as the one who started it all. I'm even sure she's got more covers (both HF and commercial) than Lineisy which she didnt get because of a cute face or an afro.

And Ashley is a new French model who is already proving to be quite the chameleon.

Credits: all tFS

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->