Vogue España April 2018 : Birgit, Luna, Yasmin & Blanca by Emma Summerton

9sete

Reaction score
Photograph:Emma Summerton
Fashion Director: Juan Cebrian
Models: Luna Bijl, Yasmin Wijnaldum, Birgit Kos, Blanca Padilla.

vogue.es

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the Dutch dominance on this cover.

I adore the cast (well, maybe minus Yasmin), hate the clothes and those random colours behind the masthead. They could've celebrated such a big anniversary better.

Nah, even the models can't save it for me! Why are group cover shots so challenging for Vogue's? At least Wintour's Vogue has done some amazing group covers, but this just leaves me cold!

I feel like I should be disliking this too, but I can't stop staring at it for a minute there. I'm also slightly digging the layout. The cast is a dream. They're all working it :heart: Vogue Australia's latest 4-models cover offering seems more of a snooze after this. At least there's some life here - girl power feels !

At least they all look good here, which is uncertain and risqué with group covers.

I was yearning for the return of the multi girl cover for awhile now, and just for that I love it.
It's very Versace and is surely going to stand out on the news stand.

It looks CHEAP and commercial as hell and not special and the models aren´t doing anything for me. It´s worse then an ANTM challenge actually. I agree with Miss Dalloway, US Vogue is probably one of the only Vogues in the world who knows how to make a group cover shoot work, the rest of the editions always make it super campy and bad. As for the anniversary cover, I mean come on only one Spanish model and a bad one as that lol! At least Vogue China celebrates their covers with models of their own country: it´s called being supportive. Instead magazines throws once a year a model of their country and that girl becomes a token model for that specific theme. Anyways I will pass on this issue once again lol.

They all look great individually, but it’s too much for a cover. Theirs a lot going on and the colorful clothes aren’t helping.

It's so tacky, I love it. :lol: The cast is perfect for the clothes. These are the types of girls Donatella shouls have on her shows.

It looks like a cheap knockoff lf Meisel’s Versace campaign. Tragic. There’s so much going on.

The poses are tragic. Forced.

I cannot believe that a stylist was paid for this. Put all Versace Vogue looks on the cover. Bam, iconic! How inventive! Bravo.

I also cannot believe an art director was paid for this. The layout is a disaster. The cut outs behind the logo is a disaster. Is this Vogue Paris Collections?

You only turn thirty once! And this is how you decide to celebrate it?

Last edited by a moderator:
At first I thought I was in the Vogue Netherlands thread. The clothes are ruining this for me, it looks too busy.

At first I thought I was in the Vogue Netherlands thread.....

Indeed, it reeks of their terrible tackiness! :lol:
Love how Blanca, the Spanish model, is sidelined like Michelle of Destiny's Child while the bride of Frankenstein takes centre stage. Summerton doesn't shoot much Vogue covers outside of Australia and this may be why.

I must admit I love it. It's so cheap and tacky but so good. It's not groundbreaking but there's attitude. And that, I can appreciate a lot in today's see of dullness.

The cast is amazing, and I think it's their 30 anniversary issue, I don't know.

The Yasmin haters are trembling again:smile::wink:..that's all u do is complain i see yall ..lol..terribly amusing...love it ....

All the girls look good from the video. But the music choice was bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirrormodel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->