Vogue España December 2011 : Dree Hemingway by Bruce Weber

I'm excited by the prospect of Marlon in a Weber ed.

I don't know if it is the cover reason but it reminds me the Jesus Christ birth, and is not it the real vibe on this month? it is pure hermeneutic! you have to decode the cover, this is really interesting for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think calling this cover trashy (and particularly the "trashiest ever") is a bit too far, especially with atrocities like the November 2011 Vogue Portugal cover around. Now that was trashy.

Attachments

• ect2l5frctulrft2.jpeg
    ect2l5frctulrft2.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 12
Oh I agree marssnoop2, its just the way they positioned Dree and the baby as an obvious reference to Mary and baby Jesus a bit cheesy. 'Disgusting' is definitely harsh and uncalled for.

Umm how can anyone hate babies (that's messed up, not the baby's presence on the cover). I find the cover to be quite innocent and in good spirit.

Umm how can anyone hate babies (that's messed up, not the baby's presence on the cover). I find the cover to be quite innocent and in good spirit.
Um, there are people who don't like the physical presence of babies in their life and I don't see what's messed up about it.
Also the Gisele cover that was posted above is actually fun and sexy for me and showing a naked baby and a naked adult man are two different things.

I happen to like the cover. Although I'm not a fan of Dree's, she looks good on the cover and the baby is, well, a cute little baby. I also like the minimal text.

If you're wanna put babies on the cover then do something as tasteful as this:

scanned by kokobombom

I hate the cover, not to mention that Dree doesn't show emotion.

marloncomedancewithme83.jpg

vogue.es

Weber editorial is a perfect present for us!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm spanish and only can say: Thanks Yolanda!!!!

The cover is not my favourite but it isn't sooooooooo bad
(I'm so tired of demagogic comments, (Yes, yes, yes... We are P.I.G.S, we are the worst, we're horrible taste -ironic-) but I prefer to enjoy this wonderful Vogue)

I think calling this cover trashy (and particularly the "trashiest ever") is a bit too far, especially with atrocities like the November 2011 Vogue Portugal cover around. Now that was trashy.

OK, I guess I should explain why I think so.
1. First of all, Vogue is about fashion. At second, it is about fashion photography. This cover represents neither of those.
2. I have nothing against kids on a Vogue cover, considering that would be a supplement cover about kids fashion.
3. The cover of VB posted by thiago also features naked baby, but, as mentioned, that cover was done in a much more tasteful, appealing for the eye way.

Though I really despise this cover, typing "trashiest ever" I didn't mean trash = garbage, I rather meant it is something extremely risky and not something that you expect or would like to see on a Vogue cover.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugsrat
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"