Vogue España December 2020 : Amber Valletta by Txema Yeste

I love everything about this cover, the background beautifully contrasts nicely against the title font color and Amber’s dress :heart:

Always happy to see Amber! ♥ Love the festive red and green combination against a simple backdrop. It's perfect for December!

Love how festive it is! Amber has such an expensive face and with all the elements it becomes a perfect December cover. Maybe could have been executed in a bit better way with a different layout but anyways. Also imagine having Amber’s longevity in business, simply iconic

Oh God, the hair! I don't think I can deal with the hair. Looks ghastly!
It's all very 'Abby Kershaw, the Rag & Bone suicide blonde years.' They've also gone crazy with the retouching that it looks like FaceTune.
Not my cup of tea, especially not after the more natural and realistic takes we've seen of her in Mexican and Dutch Vogue. A cover like this just adds fuel to conversation about how men vs women photograph women. Especially older women. Lindbergh being the exception.

I know it’s stupid but...I feel so distracted by that hideous hair!

Is it out of focus or is it just post? I want to like it but its off.

I was very excited to open the thread but yeah... I agree about the hair and out of focus photography :cry: *edit* seems like the out of focus is bad quality of the posted image not final product.
Silverlining is that at least it´s festive, I think it´s the first december cover with that going on for them...

I find myself liking it, but this is what passes for glamour in magazines these days - it looks like a blurry shot of Amber bending down to fix her shoe on her foot.

To me she looks like a sick person here (from COVID probably) who is forced to dress up and pose for the photographer. She managed to sit in the chair for makeup, but her hair left unwashed from the pre-sickness phase. And it all ended up on the cover of a glossy magazine.

I don’t like it either. She looks too harsh. And the lay out feels out of balance. I don’t like how the minimal text is crammed into one corner.

The make up is too harsh and feels like they tried to hide it thus the out of focus shot gimmick.

Perfect for December as it equally leaves me cold

Vogue España December 2020

Moda de Altura

Photographer: Txema Yeste
Stylist: Alba Melendo
Hair: Teddy Charles
Makeup: Tom Pecheux
Cast: Amber Valletta

Vogue España Digital Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
Vogue España December 2020

Algo Para Recordar

Photographer: Miguel Reveriego
Stylist: Juan Cebrian
Hair: Manu Fernandez
Makeup: Jose Belmonte
Cast: África Peñalver, Mario Lopez, Oscar Kindelan, Steffy Argelich, Fernando Lindez, Pablo Fernández, Paula Anguera, Amy Sarr, Miriam Sánchez, Lorena Guitián, Lorena Durán

Vogue España Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"