Vogue España July 2018 : Kylie Minogue by Boo George

MDNA

Reaction score

Vogue España iPad Edition

Fiesta? In those hideous denim? Looks more like she's prepping for a performance here.
I like the setting, especially the backdrop and theme, but the styling doesn't live up to it. This could really have been rather epic if it was styled better.

Sidenote, I googled 'Kylie age' and immediately the Jenner girl's age popped up instead of Kylie Minogue's. For many years KM used to be known as simply Kylie. Guess that's a thing of the past now. Can't believe she's 50!

Why is it so hard to do a good Kylie Vogue cover?!?!! Does it always have to be so tacky and devoid of HF? Boo is really going to the next level, career wise though, wow.

UNA ENTRE UN MILLÓN
Photographer: Boo George
Stylist: Phoebe Arnold
Hair: Christian Vermaak
Make-Up: Petros Petrohilos
Model/Celebrity: Kylie Minogue

Vogue España Digital Edition

SANGRE ESPAÑOLA
Photographer: Camila Falquez
Stylist: Isabel Llanza
Hair: Cyndle K
Make-Up: Tamas Tuzes
Model: McKenna Hellam

Last edited by a moderator:
DÍAS DE FIESTA
Photographer: Bjorn Iooss
Stylist: Juan Cebrián
Hair: Joey George
Make-Up: Courtney Perkins
Models: Lily Stewart, Shelby Hayes & Xin Xie

CELEBRAR EL VERANO
Photographer: Txema Yeste
Stylist: Bernat Buscato
Hair: Franco Gobbi
Make-Up: Victor Álvarez De Kasteel
Model: Naomi Chin

You'd of definitely received that first shot from Kylie's editorial as the actual cover, if I were Eugenia de la Torriente! A nice blue or silver metallic masthead, a minimal amount of cover lines and job done. Unbelievable to think Eugenia never went for it... such a beautiful image of Kylie. The actual cover is... rather naff, IMO.

You'd of definitely received that first shot from Kylie's editorial as the actual cover, if I were Eugenia de la Torriente!

Oh yes!! :heart: That is indeed beautiful, yet mysterious. Before Kerstin Schneider took over at Harper's Bazaar Germany, the previous EIC used to run covers like those. I distinctly remember one with Taylor Swift which looked stunning.

Missed opportunity for Eugenia. Kylie's shot with the white dress looks great, but based on the edits posted so far, I'm not sure what this magazine is trying to be. At best the Bjorn Loos story looks great, but without the studio ones. There's a commercial playfulness of the rooftop shots which reminds me of American Vogue.

Kylie's PR team must be working overtime to get her these big covers. I wanted to say she's a bit random for VS, but then I realised they also went with Dakota Johnson and Jessica Chastain.

I sort of like the cover, but Kylie Minogue is and has always been inherently uninteresting.

.....but Kylie Minogue is and has always been inherently uninteresting.

Hhhmm, now I wonder what inspired this shade? :innocent:

*cough* Madonna! *cough*

Last edited by a moderator:
Hhhmm, now I wonder what inspired this shade? :innocent:

*cough* Madonna! *cough*

Get something for that cough, because you're blindly reaching for the stars. Madonna had literally nothing to do with what I wrote, but if you want to go there you and Kylie would lose.:wink:

I said what I said because it's true. Kylie is not and has never been remotely interesting. It's fine if you disagree. We don't have to find the same things interesting.

As an Aussie, i must say i'm actually sometimes pleasantly surprised to see how Kylie can get such big covers overseas, I thought her Vogue Australia cover last month was an impressive feat, let alone Vogue Spain too. Kylie's 50th year is stellar so far!

Every time I read Boo's name, this pops into my mind:
tenor.gif

media1tenor

I like her a lot, but this isn't her best.

Sidenote, I googled 'Kylie age' and immediately the Jenner girl's age popped up instead of Kylie Minogue's. For many years KM used to be known as simply Kylie. Guess that's a thing of the past now. Can't believe she's 50!

Well one thing is for sure, for now, Kylie (Minogue) is the only Kylie you will find with a Vogue cover hahaha

Maybe she demanded the photo approval. The editorial is very in theme with her new style and album.

I mean, her new album is country-inspired, so that cover makes sense.

The bangs on the cover are too flat it looks like a cheaper catalogue shot. There are much better shots from the ed. Meanwhile Naomi Chin is stunning!

How many wrinkles does she have on her forehead to justify those bangs? Just awful. The styling is very incoherent in her story.

Sangre Española is nice but not particularly memorable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->