Vogue España July 2020 : Naomi Campbell by Nadine Ijewere

Awful shot for a cover, A total disservice to Naomi’s beauty. I’m interested to see the editorial, though, to see if it’s an improvement, since Nadine’s work is often lovely.

yeah, that Gucci looks like an upholstered sofa from the your grandma’s 70s era Boca condo.

Last edited:
It´s a weird cover imo, whatever she´s doing with her left arm kinda freaks me out but I like it...

My tongue feels tied because I've been banging on and on about how we need to see stylists/photographers take a different approach when they shoot Naomi/Kate/Gisele for covers. Different than the usual fierce, heavily photoshopped Naomi with sleek hair. This time Vogue Spain came through and this cover may tick all the right boxes right now, but the result leaves me cold. Easily their worst this year.

And it also makes me wonder....as an impulse buyer, do I get this based on principle alone or do I not get it and risk being labelled a racist even though I think the execution is terrible?

With the Jeffrey Epstein sex scandal I'm actually shocked Spanish Vogue used her as the cover model. Although it hasn't been proven yet the actual involvement of Campbell in this story. The cover image is very forgettable, not bad or good, just there. However from a supermodel POV and her PR team I'm actually shocked they approved this cover.

My tongue feels tied because I've been banging on and on about how we need to see stylists/photographers take a different approach when they shoot Naomi/Kate/Gisele for covers. Different than the usual fierce, heavily photoshopped Naomi with sleek hair. This time Vogue Spain came through and this cover may tick all the right boxes right now, but the result leaves me cold. (...)

I get what you mean however I do believe in you're a supermodel, then you and your team wants that branding this, that's why you always see Gisele, Cindy, Heidi in the same way and so is Ashley Grahams now. I think editors and stylists and photographers ''risk'' it when these models are young or before becoming very well known. Then comes the branding phase, which make them stand out among other models and recognizable as well. It's a tricky concept.

With the Jeffrey Epstein sex scandal I'm actually shocked Spanish Vogue used her as the cover model. Although it hasn't been proven yet the actual involvement of Campbell in this story. The cover image is very forgettable, not bad or good, just there. However from a supermodel POV and her PR team I'm actually shocked they approved this cover.

Well that's Naomi for you, she will survive anything. Her now thriving YT channel is the perfect sweetener to silence the ones who are still asking questions about Epstein.
Regardless of this cover, I'm convinced we'll see her in the coming months on American Vogue. I can just feel the build-up. She wants it to show what she's made of, Anna needs it to shut down the noise, everyone is happy. Also, the fact that we've been hearing not but cricket noises from her ever since ALT's book was released, in which she's basically the only model who he mentions as a close friend and praises throughout, tells you she's not playing checkers. She's playing chess! Her friendship with him is being sacrificed for something much bigger.

Helena's Bazaar cover is far superior, this one's a mess

When I saw the cover on Twitter I thougth she was Dominique Jackson and I got excited, until I read the caption.

Well that's Naomi for you, she will survive anything. Her now thriving YT channel is the perfect sweetener to silence the ones who are still asking questions about Epstein.
Regardless of this cover, I'm convinced we'll see her in the coming months on American Vogue. I can just feel the build-up. She wants it to show what she's made of, Anna needs it to shut down the noise, everyone is happy. Also, the fact that we've been hearing not but cricket noises from her ever since ALT's book was released, in which she's basically the only model who he mentions as a close friend and praises throughout, tells you she's not playing checkers. She's playing chess! Her friendship with him is being sacrificed for something much bigger.
Apparently she did a zoom thing with him on IG yesterday.

But yes, she is Naomi. She is like Karl..No controversy could defeat them.
That being said, her controversy are somehow more « serious ». If she survived the Blood Diamonds thing, she can survive this.

It may as well be a selfie… And I’m convinced had it been a selfie, Naomi would likely produced a stronger image. God, these new photographers are useless. The effect of the dress’ print overlapping the coverline is kind of neato… Eh— I’ll take whatever little sign of creative effort these dire days…

(Naomi’s shady association aside— and that she never hid that darker side of herself and pretended to be this sweet , virtuous woman, she still has such presence as a model that the lessers could never come close to. As I get older myself, I appreciate the older models more and more, and Naomi I do still adore-- as a model, of course.)

105004565_10158791314808442_5936061633036367937_n.jpg

facebook.com/VogueEspana

A very clever move to have the woman who will likely be one of the top photographers very soon shoot this (why? well it's crude to point out her ethnic origin I feel, but you catch my drift...), particularly at this precise moment in time.

But this is very weak for both Naomi and Nadine. I know Nadine's UK Vogue covers were a disaster but she's improved (I think she can still get (even) better, hopefully) since then. I see the arty mood they were going for, but it's a no once again from me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->