Vogue España July 2021 : Edita Vilkeviciute by Txema Yeste

Lovely, but looks more like an issue of Vogue Living. I wish Edita was a zoomed-in focus of the image, I had high expectations when I read her name! But I'm still looking forward to the full story, she's always a delight in print.

The photograph is lovely, but a bit of a strange choice for a cover. Indeed looks more like Vogue Living. Having said that, it's always a delight to see Edita and I am very glad she is still booking covers.

Not long ago there was an editorial and interview on Zara Home´s site with Edita in her Ibiza home. And according to credits, this was shot in Ibiza, so this could be her house...

I like it, but it doesn't work as a cover. Its far too zoomed out, and as other people said its more like a AD or Vogue Living cover.

It looks like a supplement, I'm sorry.

It doesn't command like a what a cover should do.

Another zoomed out cover. Vogue Korea and now this. The image doesn't work as a main cover. This is best suited for Vogue Living

Edita looks great.

But I’m so done with this clean and natural and terra cotta indoor plant mama aesthetic.

God, this Txema person... This generic blandness is more tolerable than his usual royalty-free wallpaper brand of overwrought photography, as far as I’m concerned. Never could stand his brand of work.

If Spain can’t seem to make up their minds on which aesthetic to stick with for at least more than a few issues, and looks like they’re cluelessly going for Vogue Living with this cover, then perhaps look at what Vogue Living Netherlands is doing so well and rip off that???

Edita can singlel-handedly save a shoot frankly. But even she can’t make this dour image work: It’s just soul-wrenchingly depressing. If a lonely cheap wicker chair in an attic rooming house is your idea of chic, then you’re in luck, I suppose. Just crop the image tightly to focus on Edita, in B&W, and call it a day.

It does feel a bit out of place for a Vogue cover, but I'm agreeing with everyone: I will never ever say no to Edita. She is so graceful and effortlessly cool, how amazing that she is still working great jobs after all these years in the industry. All that without pretending to 'influence' or endlessly self promoting herself on social media, which I kind of appreciate in this day and age. I'm sure the editorial will have a lot of beautiful shots, looking forward to it!

Stunning portrait, but looks like Conde Nast Traveler cover.

Edita is so pretty she can make anything work. Is her work edgy and groundbreaking? Not at all, but she found a style that works for her career and her bank account. I can't be mad at that.

I agree with everyone, its like Vogue Living cover….Edita is amazing.

With all the changes at VS, all the issues looks directionless and i hope they find someone who can be on charge…

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->