Vogue España March 2021 : Bella Hadid by Micaiah Carter

Easily, without a shadow of a doubt the worst Bella Hadid cover of Vogue I've encountered. Unlike last month's cover with Jill Kortleve, the choice of a full-length image here is questionable and makes the whole entire cover just feel empty and soulless. The hair is a monstrosity!

Better quality cover but it still doesnt hit the mark for me. No wonder it's so awful, it was styled by Patti Wilson! First strike, full-length cover. 2nd strike, the styling which is carrying Bella instead of the other way around. Patti Wilson shouldn't be doing any work for this magazine, sorry! Her style is so far removed from what VS is about.

They need to get a new EIC soon because I find these 'team' covers to be very middle of the road.

Better quality cover but it still doesnt hit the mark for me. No wonder it's so awful, it was styled by Patti Wilson! First strike, full-length cover. 2nd strike, the styling which is carrying Bella instead of the other way around. Patti Wilson shouldn't be doing any work for this magazine, sorry! Her style is so far removed from what VS is about.

They need to get a new EIC soon because I find these 'team' covers to be very middle of the road.

They have a decent art director, but yeah it’s unbalanced, but who is in charge?

Yeah the styling eats Bella up.

i hope they didn’t decide to use the wig inside

I hope that the horrible wig is an homage to a spaniard artist or something...

They have a decent art director, but yeah it’s unbalanced, but who is in charge?

Yeah the styling eats Bella up.

i hope they didn’t decide to use the wig inside

The masthead gave Juan, the art director and someone else top billing so it's safe to assume they're running a team effort.
They can only do about 2/3 issues without Eugenia before things start unravelling because she had such a strong point of view. I can already spot a difference with the covers. Not up to standard. Eugenia had a different view of femininity, more gentler. This is too dark and severe, and would never have made the cut.

What's up with this ugly Medusa hair?

And the pose?
xyxwave.gif
to you too.

I echo everybody’s sentiment about the ugly Medusa hair. What’s up with that?!?

The masthead gave Juan, the art director and someone else top billing so it's safe to assume they're running a team effort.
They can only do about 2/3 issues without Eugenia before things start unravelling because she had such a strong point of view. I can already spot a difference with the covers. Not up to standard. Eugenia had a different view of femininity, more gentler. This is too dark and severe, and would never have made the cut.

Yeah, i think next issue will be doing by the team but they need a EIC soon, so they cannot loose their way.

It would be nice that they find someone capable to take it to the next step. And Eugenia said on her last editor’s letter that on the upcoming issues there will be things doing under her charge.

I get the 60's influence but the wig, lack of eyebrows and her expression just dont sell it. Such a concept needed a very expressive model who is also quite versatile with their poses like Coco Rocha.

Edward had something to do with the specific decisions? Cause VS don’t have EIC now. His position overseeing the other Vogue’s is not clear to me.

Edward had something to do with the specific decisions? Cause VS don’t have EIC now. His position overseeing the other Vogue’s is not clear to me.
I don’t thing so. Anna has more to do with this than Edward. She’s the global director, so Edward only do what she demands

I like the hair actually but it looks very unnatural at the hairline and doesn't go well with the cover that is so flat.

I hope the editorial will be nice if Bella has one inside.... I really enjoy some of her work, mainly when she has to be fierce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->