Vogue España May 2019 : Emilia Clarke by Thomas Whiteside

She looks uncomfortable. Wasted potential

Her expression is just so blank, and I don't like how her head is cropped.
This could have been a stunner, but all I see is yellow wrapping paper.

I really like this one, fresh and clean.
That Valentino dress literally screams spring. I don’t think it’s the most memorable cover but at least it’s suitable for spring. Can’t wait to see the editorial.

Surprised to see her on the Spanish edition. Nice, spring cover, but her face looks a bit weary and sad which contradicts the whole vibe.

I really like what they tried to go for here. The yellow is perfect for the beige backdrop. But for such a simple and classic cover, why that font?
I also agree that her expression could be more defined, and definitely her makeup as well, especially against that white masthead. For such a classic setup you need something eye-catching otherwise the entire thing just looks dull.

I hope this wasn't her big cover, although I'm happy for her because it's yet another international Vogue behind her palm. Rare feat for actresses, nowadays.

See, a model would have carried this, an actual model, not the insta ones! But i still can't help, and not hate it, for once she doesn't look confused, just a little uncertain.

So strange she hasn't landed a single huge US cover!

I love Emilia, I love the concept and ce composition. But the problem with her, is the same that (almost) all of us have with Alicia Vikander: She's so stunning, but her facial expressions don't make her justice.

No matter how you dress her, she always looks suburban.

So strange she’s here and not one of the major US covers. Perhaps they’re saving her for the finale in June? Emilia is one of those beauties who, like Alicia Vinkander, just doesn’t translate well into print at all. I think Emilia is a real beauty but for me no photographer has yet to really capture it correctly.

I do like the idea of the image a lot however, the dress in profile is so strong.

In print, she comes across as so ordinary, right down to her fingertips. That doesn't detract from her acting nor her appeal, but it means there's nothing 'there' when it comes to a fashion shoot.

Adiós Princesa

Photographer: Thomas Whiteside
Set Designer: Kaitlyn Darby
Stylist: Simon Robins
Hair: Jenny Cho
Makeup: Kate Lee
Cast: Emilia Clarke

uwiBDe3O_t.jpg
SZP2oevp_t.jpg

Vogue Spain Digital Edition

Rosa Rosae

Photographer: Jens Ingvarsson