Vogue España November 2019 : Birgit Kos by Camilla Akrans

I don't know what's happening with her eyes (taping?), but the rest of the cover is minimalism done right. No fuss, just simple, to-the-point fashion. Sometimes that's all some of us need. Not 24/7 Luigi & Iango theatrics.

My only critique is the pink masthead! Perhaps a burnt orange would've complemented the Bottega Veneta trench more? I'm simply not understanding the choice of pink, whatsoever.

Nevertheless, I do like what I'm seeing here, can appreciate the Linda Evangelista vibes with the short hair on Birgit, the pose, the composition and the overall simplicity of the cover. Less is always more!

The pink masthead doesn't bother me. I'm more concerned about the strand of hair going upwards, which I find distracting. Otherwise it's a very efficient cover.

Loving it! I generally prefer Birgit looking glamourous and feminine, but this is such a great transformation. The combination of colours is so soothing.

Sticking the word 'Vogue' on this elevates the image more than it deserves.

It looks like a catalogue sorry. NEXT!

It’s the flat lighting.

I’m not ever going to ever get along and accept this era’s intentionally slummed-down flat lighting that’s somehow meant to convey raw/authentic/realness. Just so intellectually and creatively dishonest and shallow.

That aside, the 18-page “Cambio de Armario” story is Camilla doing Peter Lindbergh. And it’s nice. Very impromptu with Birgit paying tribute to Linda. There’s even a short feature spread with Linda and co in these mannish suits that’s the inspiration for this story. It feels sincere and looks effortless. Very nice.

Would have been nice shot if it had a background, maybe on some city street with red brick buildings or something. Something is weird with her eyes, but nonetheless. Its passable, could have been so much more though.

I agree about Linda Evangelista, it’s one of the first things I thought of! I love Birgit and I think this is a great minimalist cover I can’t wait for the editorial!

Intuitión Científica

Photographer: Luca Campri
Stylist: Isabel Llanza
Hair: Manu Fernandez
Makeup: Jose Belmonte
Cast: Daniel Lee, Miriam Sanchez

Vogue España Digital Edition

Punto

Photographer: Bjorn Iooss
Stylist: Paul Cavaco
Hair: Didier Malige
Makeup: Dick Page
Manicure: Mary Soul
Cast: Julia van Os

Un Nuevo Orden

Photographer: Pablo Zamora
Stylist: Isabel Llanza
Hair & Makeup: Paula Soroa
Cast: LitzaVeloz, Fernando Lindez, Thorleif Endsjø, Chun Soot, Raquel Pascual Vila

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->