Vogue España September 2020 : Dora Postigo by Ezra Petronio

We are in this point in time when the fear of Dora the Explorer getting a Vogue cover is valid because it’s very possible. Vogue Italia made it possible.

I honestly expected a Dora the Explorer cover and I’ve already made peace with the thought while the browser was loading.

Since it’s an actual human being, I’d give it a pass.

We are in this point in time when the fear of Dora the Explorer getting a Vogue cover is valid because it’s very possible. Vogue Italia made it possible.

I honestly expected a Dora the Explorer cover and I’ve already made peace with the thought while the browser was loading.

Since it’s an actual human being, I’d give it a pass.

The way I relate to every word of this.

Really bad, looks like backstage snap at a third rate fashion show where the designer cast his friends...that type is also large and pretentious. This shouldn't even be a supplement cover.

Wow, I'm really surprised at Vogue Spain for getting it so wrong. The cover isn't awful, but for September?? Plus they have Ezra behind the lens. Huge fail.

Y’all are so funny today wishing a Dora the explorer vogue cover - I cant.

anyways she does look like a generic IG influencer - what a waste of Ezra

I honestly thought it would be Dora Maar by Picasso via Ezra in some “clever” way lol, which I’m not sure whether it’s a very low or very high expectation post lockdown.

There’s something bittersweet about the cover.. usually these ‘daughter of’ covers just make me cringe and feel pity (anything featuring Kate Moss’ sister and daughter for example) but in this case, I think her hair is a lovely tribute to her late mother and grandmother (who didn’t exactly try aspirational hair), Noir Kei Ninomiya (first september cover?!) is clearly a nod to the side of fashion her mother conveyed (even though she’s mostly remembered for Ford’s Gucci, which is as conventional as one can get..) and.. she has her grandmother’s eyes :heart:.. Dior’s wardrobe for 1955’s Death of a Cyclist made me fall in love with her and that calm stare (which she seems to have passed on to all of her descendants).. she was so beautiful, and one of the prominent figures that Covid-19 took in the worst days of the pandemic. So a part of me wants to judge as I normally do, because the composition is pretty bad lol, but I think it does convey hope and the message of ‘life goes on’ from a lineage perspective, which visually rarely works but symbolically and with some familiarity with the Bosé clan (where the famous women are now dead and the uncle has lost his marbles) I think it will succeed in connecting with the Spanish reader and emitting optimism..

For one part im glad they give more spacs to spanish talents but this??? Why september?? She should be fine in august or october...

It doesnt look like Ezra photography...

Everything so lazy....

Crossing my fingess for Vogue Paris

the thing about Ezra is that when he’s good, he’s incredible good. but when he’s bad, he’s ridiculously bad.
and to be honest, I can’t find anything good about this bland cover (except she’s wearing NKN).

Glad to know I’m not the only one who was expecting Dora the Explorer while reading the title LMAOOOO
As for the cover, the only thing I love about it is the typeface of the main cover line.

Um, based off this cover, I think I would have preferred Dora the Explorer. I've yet to see a September cover that isn't painfully bad.

Really bad, looks like backstage snap at a third rate fashion show where the designer cast his friends...that type is also large and pretentious. This shouldn't even be a supplement cover.

Absolutely. What’s worse is it resembles those backstage/BTS shots where heavy-handed retouching is sloppily applied (like those loons that retouch Madonna low rez paparazzi shots til she looks like a 2D drawing). No one’s eyes are that white and no one’s complexion is so plastic-smooth… insultingly amateur post. And this is Vogue now :sigh:

Color-palette is nice tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"