Vogue France November 2021 : Aya Nakamura by Carlijn Jacobs

Oooo this is very exciting. So happy and proud that Carilijn got her first major Vogue Cover and I appreciate the minimal font.
This is Carlijn's second French Vogue cover. The first was October 2020 featuring Rianne Van Rompaey.

This is quite nice, definitely better than I expected. I think Aya looks good, but I'm not so keen on the weird gradient background and the hat has been reduced to a flat black shape (not anyone's fault, I just don't think those hats photograph particularly well).

Extremely happy to see Aya finally getting a cover and she look gorgeous as always, but the cheap background ruins it for me. It's so amateurish, and has zero identity. It's very Vogue UK as expected.

I was holding on to a little bit of hope that this new era wouldn't be a huge decline in quality but this is not a good start at all.

I love it, it's quite iconic. Aya really looks amazing.

Stunning. If this is what comes, then... Emmanuelle who? Bye!

So commercial, you can see Vogue US influence, yet so high fashion and beautiful, still has that Vogue Paris French spirit. A great blend of fashion and commerce. And Carlijn Jacobs!

A bittersweet moment. My one and only true fashion magazine from the get-go has been Vogue Paris, I've spent years defending Emmanuelle Alt and the sudden name change and the fact Alt is out STILL feels like a kick in the stomach - but there's no denying the fact this is a strong cover.

Absolutely stunning cover.

This is such a fantastic start to a new era and I'm very happy to see it! Her pose, the styling, everything just works and it makes such an exciting cover.
Obviously I don't like the things that are happening at CN right now, but something needed to change at Vogue Paris, and this cover seems like a good change. It is beyond me why Aya didn't get a cover before, yet the same white models were given a cover left, right and centre.

I was disheartened about the demise of Vogue Paris and slightly apprehensive to what Vogue France would bestow upon us but this is truly beautiful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->