Vogue Germany August 2017 : Yasmin, Anna & Birgit by Giampaolo Sgura

These covers are fun and Yasmin looks phenomenal! Everyone seems to be so prejudiced about Sgura... if this had Meisel's name on it y'all would be salivating at the mouth!

Meisel would never do this.

And I think we are all capable to judge a cover by the final result and not because of the photographer's name/fame.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I used to love a lot of Sgura's works in the mid 00's..so I'm not prejudiced about him trust me.

I am, trust me. Not interested in his work thanks to his personality and not interested in his personality thanks to his work. Works both ways.. :lol:

Such terrible covers. And isn't 1 enough? This seriously is the edition of multi covers. And I do agree with dfl-001, the problem here is the styling. I wonder how was it possible for them to think that there's an audience for such style.

The art direction is highly questionable indeed!

And there goes the dismissive comments. Salivating? Really queen? If one would only read VI threads from 2011 to 2016, one would see how tons of members here (fans included) have been criticizing Meisel and his uninspired work. So I suggest we all snap out of the idea that Meisel's work always gets a praise from this forum. Funny how personal taste is reduced to being bias towards certain photographers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am, trust me. Not interested in his work thanks to his personality and not interested in his personality thanks to his work. Works both ways.. :lol:

Exactly how I feel about D&G, LOL! I know one must 'separate the art from the artist' blah blah blah, but Gabbana is just so insufferable.

I'm surprised Phuel is not over here, cutting Sgura to shreds with his trademark sneer. Lol.

I'm happy for Birgit and Yasmin, but these covers are truly awful.
The worst is Anna's, everything is ugly about that one.

Miss Fame has several pages in this issue, and its the best thing about it!

^Totally agree.
I love Birgit so much yet I'm shocked how one photographer can produce so many bad pictures of her. There are only one or two decent ones in the ed.

Ugh, they should've used that shot of Anna in the black hat for her cover! That's very her, OTT. I'm not impressed with this editorial however. Is he trying to copy Sims? Best stick to his own style, however loathed it may be on this forum. And there must be more editorials, surely....

There were better cover options.... why? Why!

MISS FAME? Girl is living up to her name. I love it

Here it is; Miss Fame showing the kids how it's done.^_^ She would have made a far greater cover star imho, but you know.....

Miss Fame
Photographer: Giamapolo Sgura
Fashion Editor: Christiane Arp & Nicola Knels
The Hair, and Make-Up not credited so maybe Miss Fame did it.

Digital Edition of Vogue Germany via my Zinio.com account

Miss Fame suddenly made me interested in this :heart:

The Hair, and Make-Up not credited so maybe Miss Fame did it.
She surely did it herself. She stated in the interview that she always does it herself as a trained hair and make-up artist and that she doesn't want anybody to interfere with it.

Birgit Kos by Giampaolo Sgura

vogue_deutsch_2017_08_2.jpg

source: instagram.com/voguegermany

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->