Vogue Germany December 2020 : Irina Shayk by Luigi & Iango

Wow, the most un-Vogue Germany cover and yet it works! Everything looks so fresh and glamorous here, not phrases they're known for. Stunning way to end the year. Gives me hope for 2021.

It almost looks minimally retouched by L&I standards.

Well wow, very glamorous! Though the colours and the layout are very of InStyle Germany.

Vogue Germany's cover design looks like someone's opened the file on their computer but forgotten to install the correct fonts, so the image gets overlaid with default ones with awkward spacing instead of the carefully-designed coverlines that should be there.

It’s not an awful looking cover by any means, but in the end it looks drab and lifeless like a Gianpaolo Sgura shot.

I knew this would be a good one before even opening the thread! Irina works amazingly with Luigi & Iango (just remember that stunning cover for Vogue Japan) and this is no exception! As mentioned, it looks so fresh and glamorous, both of which Vogue Germany lacked this year. I'm hoping they're headed in a better direction now that they decided to focus on less issues per year. This is a great start (or a perfect end to a dreadful year for them)!

Finally an appealing cover from VG this year, wow! But of course someone as beautiful as Irina is hard to ruin, although they sure did their best in the past!

I saw paparazzi snaps of this shooting, she was all dressed in black ysl latex collection in few looks and looked like a bit drunk querulous celebrity and the shoots were cool, I thought it’s gonna be cool story and I assume helmut newton vibe and black and white perhaps, but the cover is making me yawn, just hope that the shooting will be better

IRINA SHAYK on the Set of Vogue Germany Photoshoot in Lake Como 09/27/2020 – HawtCelebs

she looks gorgeous! finally a good cover for VG!

the layout looks like it was made in ms word lol. they should have used a more "sophisticated" serif font to match the boldness that she exudes in that photo.

Previews of the main ed, so its b/w but i hoped at some kind of minimalistic vamp sexy styling and not this kind of opulent pseudo-bourgeoise tackiness reminiscent to something Patti Wilson would provide (whom always ruined Steven Klein pictures with her tasteless selection of look). This looks like an advertorial for Dolce Gabbana.

luigiiango, luigimureni IG

Must admit that I've been looking forward to this since the paparazzi caught sight of this back in September, and it's turning out to be everything I expected. Irina, Luigi & Iango and a strong dose of glamour is always a recipe for success.

I am, however, more than willing to admit that Vogue Germany's choice in fonts, colouring and layout leave a LOT to be desired. The art direction could've been spectacular, could've complemented the drama of the cover image but just flops... HARD.

The cover image is stunning, but the art direction killed every excitement that I had.

this is a summer cover I don‘t get why they are using it for december

heard she pays well for these covers, insider deets

Irina + Luigi/Iango (& Mert Alas) = success

She needs to stay away from Sgura. He shot most of her covers and they're all bad

Vogue Germany's cover design looks like someone's opened the file on their computer but forgotten to install the correct fonts, so the image gets overlaid with default ones with awkward spacing instead of the carefully-designed coverlines that should be there.

That is a very specific critique. Something tells me you have experienced the headache of replacing fonts in the Adobe suite. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->