Vogue Germany February 2010 : Eva Mendes by Greg Kadel

Nils

Reaction score
14df1jo.jpg

the-fashionaffair blogspot
Featuring Calvin Klein underwear spokesmodel Eva Mendes. The issue hits the newsstands on the 13th of January.

Even though I like the cover, Eva is such an unexpected choice.
I can't even remember the last time a celebrity was on the cover of German Vogue.

Not a good cover shot. You can barely see her eyes, which is usually what draws in the viewer, and there is nothing exceptional or attractive about the messy hair. I also wish they would have gone with a different font for the "Stars & Style" text; it looks out of place. With the safe color scheme (or lack of), looks like it had the makings for a stunning cover but everything falls flat.

Thanks for posting. :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a good cover shot. You can barely see her eyes, which is usually what draws in the viewer, and there is nothing exceptional or attractive about the messy hair. I also wish they would have gone with a different font for the "Stars & Style" text; it looks out of place. Looks like it had the makings for a stunning cover, but everything falls flat.

The only reason why I hate it.

I hate to admit it, but I don't hate the cover. I actually kind of love it. Though probably because of the slight Vogue Paris vibe in it. Very unexpected of German Vogue, this, though; did not expect a celebrity gracing their cover, and out of all celebrities, certainly not Eva Mendes. :huh:

nice cover, I like the way Eva's hair falls on her face

nice cover :smile: i want to start getting this magazine it gets better and better.

That's a bit messy to be a cover and reminds me of her CK Jeans ads. Love Eva though..

Not a good cover shot. You can barely see her eyes, which is usually what draws in the viewer, and there is nothing exceptional or attractive about the messy hair. I also wish they would have gone with a different font for the "Stars & Style" text; it looks out of place. With the safe color scheme (or lack of), looks like it had the makings for a stunning cover but everything falls flat.

Yeah, exactly.
I like the colors, but I don't like Eva's look at all.

I love this cover. Very stylish and Eva's pose and messy hair sort of added to its mystique.

I like it... especially the STARS & STYLE

The look of the cover bothers me as well, that angle for her face is not nice, the hair trying hard to be sexy, and styling, but at least its a totally different image used than the usual predictable celeb cover.

Eva photographs amazingly well, I usually enjoy her editorials. I just wish her hair wasn't covering so much of her face in shadow, the shot would be alot more powerful then.

Was totally expecting her ta-tas in my face or to see her vajayjay since she can't seem to take a picture without taking a clothes off. So this is a nice surprise in that department. Just wished she had washed her hair before taking this picture. Or at least brushed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->